Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSP stock boost setting

good to know man. Ill check that out and see if anything is under there.

as far as my knowledge goes no, anybody else is welcome to answer that. the main factor that will control how much you are boosting is your wastegate. pull the vac line off of the "T" fitting that goes to the wastegate and blow into it. if air passes through then your wastegate needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by protege3690 View Post
    as far as my knowledge goes no, anybody else is welcome to answer that. the main factor that will control how much you are boosting is your wastegate. pull the vac line off of the "T" fitting that goes to the wastegate and blow into it. if air passes through then your wastegate needs to be replaced.
    Well i just tried blowing into the vac line to wastegate. Should any air pass throug or none at all. When I just tried to blow through it using my lungs I got nothin at all. But if i stored the air and forced it through with my mouth I could get it to go through the line barely. I know that sounds stupid..lol..maybe even a little perverted but thats what i did.

What if the BPV is malfunctioning, could it cause this as well? It is the stock unit.

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Someone may have replaced the wastegate with one with a stiffer spring.

a leaky stock bpv, at least in my experience, would cause a vac leak that would be noticeable if your boost gauge is reading correctly.

Well, after workin on the car and ordering some parts, returning parts and ordering parts again I think I found the problem. First off the turbo is not stock, it is a gt28. I ordered the atp-wgt-011b that everyone runs only to find out it would not fit so I bought the modified bracket from a t25 to fit the t28 and niether would even come close to fitting. The bracket off the turbo i have is flat and doesnt offset the actuator and the actuator itself is short with a s-bend rod. Looked up the part no. on the actuator and found out it was for the gt28 and 12-14 psi. And it was broke to. Could blow right through it. So im keepin the original bracket for the gt28 on there and ordered the atp-wgt-019 i think it was. It is made for the gt28 and rated at 7psi. Really hope this gets me back on the road.

even at 7psi, you're driving on a time bomb unless you get it tuned ASAP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12