Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh my...

Exactly, last I checked there were three choices in that size on tirerack around $150 a pop. Good idea to keep the Protege wheels for some winter duty. As for the FD's, part out the Protege and buy a FD to mount them on.

the only thing that bugs me about it is the chrome around the grin...

i would take your wheels though
    13 3 // 13 Edge
    Tungsten is my new hero. He gets a new MS3 for doing the dishes... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinVs View Post
    the only thing that bugs me about it is the chrome around the grin...

i would take your wheels though
    the chrome is growing on me, but if i change my mind i can always plastidip it.

i'm keeping the wheels
    Nik
    2011 MX-5 GT PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by njaremka View Post
    3mm (1/8") spacers...
    Hrmm, I was wanting the spacers to run my FD wheels on my p5, between tire selection and spacers I am really questioning why I bought them.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

you might be able to fit 225/45-16's on the FD's with a little bit of a roll and some 5mm spacers...
    Nik
    2011 MX-5 GT PRHT

That's what I was forgetting with the FD's...the roll. Considering the rust on my PS that slight roll would lead to some wheel gap. lol

Looks nice, needs moar LSD.
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Quote Originally Posted by njaremka View Post
    you might be able to fit 225/45-16's on the FD's with a little bit of a roll and some 5mm spacers...
    You sedan guys have a bit more room than the hatches in the rear...but I digress. Back to other than econobox chat!

As soon as I am in my miata I completely forget about the other car. Did you drive any NBs or NAs before your new car? If so how does it compare?
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by jeg0024 View Post
    Looks nice, needs moar LSD.
    has LSD (sport suspension package)

Quote Originally Posted by roy obanion View Post
    You sedan guys have a bit more room than the hatches in the rear...but I digress. Back to other than econobox chat!

As soon as I am in my miata I completely forget about the other car. Did you drive any NBs or NAs before your new car? If so how does it compare?
    i haven't driven an NB since 2004-ish? and i haven't driven an NA in 13 years? that being said, i LOVE my NC. i remember the NB being a decent drive, and maybe a little more responsive and agile. but, i wanted a car that i could live with for 10 more years. that meant getting the newest car with the features i wanted, that still landed within my budget. this was that car

i think my first expense for this thing will be a precision alignment. probably get that done in the next few weeks, once the snow realizes that we dont want it around anymore. that should help with the responsiveness. then, maybe some sway bars. i have some research to do!
    Nik
    2011 MX-5 GT PRHT

Yeah, I bet it loses some of the rawness...I sold my NA8 after I got my NA6 so you can see where my priorities lie. But I am sure when I am a bit older an NC would be a much nicer car to live with every day...
    roadster love.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast