Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is my MSP worth/trying to fix a CEL...

What is my MSP worth/trying to fix a CEL...

Although I have sold cars in the past and feel I have a good idea on a figure, I was just wondering what everyone thought was a "fair" trade-in value for my car? (seeing how I am looking to get rid of it) It's a 2003.5 MSP with 78K. I'm desperate and need it gone ASAP! Also, I figure it would be best to fix my CEL before I try and get rid of it. I'm throwing a P507 (and sometimes I also throw a P300) and after doing my HW, it seems like the common problem for this code is the EGR valve.
    *Shitty MSP finally traded-in ~ now 2003 Sexima GLE* ...~Kanadien_uBerskeet~ iSlut

what color?
    I'd say 6-8k... keep in mind thats a dealer trade in totally off the top of my head.

black electrical tape. works wonders. ;P

It all really depends on the dealer.

If I were you, I'd go to multiple dealers. Usually they'll look at NADA (or whatever, I always forget the abbreviation) but some dealers will try to really eph you.

DO NOT GET ALL EXCITED AND LET THEM RUN YOUR CREDIT.
    Every time your credit it ran your score is yanked. Also, other dealers will be able to see this information.

P0300 lists as Ignition System or Misfire
    P0507 lists as Vehicle Speed Idle Speed Control Aux Inputs
    "Even though there are days I wish i could change some things that happened in the past, There's a reason the rearview mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you're headed is much more important than what you've left behind..."

Misfire is not good, if you don't fix it expect to get half for your trade-in

yes. I like Nascar. Deal with it. iLisa's Avatar
    location has a lot to do with value also..

Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    What it lacks in luxury it more than makes up for in smiles per gallon

Quote Originally Posted by pdhaudio83 View Post
    Misfire is not good, if you don't fix it expect to get half for your trade-in
    I say, just put tape over the CEL, OR cut the CEL wire and hope to God the car stays running somewhat decent. An appraiser isn't really going to notice the problem if you don't. Unless it's like boggin' hardcore and you notice a major loss in power.

just pull the cel bulb...

Or that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast