Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockin's 2013 MZ3 Skyactiv Hatch M/T in VRM!

Rockin's 2013 MZ3 Skyactiv Hatch M/T in VRM!

So, my 2011 Mazda6 lease was up, so I needed a new ride. I was first looking at something with more power, but money started becoming more of a factor, both up front cost and mileage. So, I took a skyactiv3 m/t hatch for a ride and decided that was it. So, I ordered one way back in October to make sure it would be around when my lease was up. I got to pick my color and options. I went with a touring hatch, manual trans, in velocity red mica. Only thing i added was the fog lights. Thought they were needed. Wish side skirts were an option, but they were only available to be added later by the dealership for way too much.
    On 1/14/13 it was at the dealership and I picked it up.

Here she is. (there is a lot more snow on the ground now)

Here she is all snug in her new home.

So, I haven't been driving her much since i still had the 6 and the weather has been crap. I just returned the 6 though because I'm sick of scraping it off every morning. (i still had about 6 days left on the lease) The 6 was a good car. I averaged 27.6 mpg with her. Probably better than my protege did. Better than my 5 for sure.

Got a lot of plans for the 3. Money is a bit tight right now though. But tint and floor mats are first on the list. Then, who knows.

And, here are some more pics I just took. Bone stock as she sits on 2/5/13.

Last edited by RockinVs; 04-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    13 3 // 13 Edge
    Tungsten is my new hero. He gets a new MS3 for doing the dishes... I think.

So jealous.
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

Nice mz3...let us know what kind of mileage you get with it.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

I will. I know with my 6, it took about 1000 miles before things settled down. It has been fun watching the miles to empty actually go up as my average mpg is established.
    13 3 // 13 Edge

Congrats again! Looking back wish I would have had bought the fogs when we bought Blue. From time to time I check ebay and such to see if there are some good deals for a set of them. So far everyone has been asking much more than my cheap butt wants to pay. lol

yeah, the fogs were an option it could be built with, so nobody was taking things apart to put them on. i figured that was the best way.
    13 3 // 13 Edge

Got my windows tinted. 5% on the rear, 30% on the front.

Also, installed the child seats, and seatback protectors... well, that was a few days ago.

13 3 // 13 Edge

Also, first fill up was a few days ago. Not going to be the most accurate, since i didnt fill it up, the dealer did, and i am assuming at 5 miles on the car... but i calculated the mpg at a little over 33mpg. not too bad considering i havent been babying it.
    13 3 // 13 Edge

Tint looks great!
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

looks good man, im interested to see how the mileage works out so keep us posted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast