Thread: 04 mazda 3 information.

04 mazda 3 information.

looking for information on my car it is the 2.3 but i wanted to know more about the motor and chassis. if i read correct the car was bought from ford? so it shares the motor from a ford and a chassis from it as well?
    so along with this information what parts are interchangable or did mazda use the design as a "refrence" creating from a ford canvass.

im apologize in advance but this forums gives me more solid info as you drivers have the car. i am learning more and more but a little info from people that im sure have the car helps.

future plans are exhaust and lowing i am keeping my stock wheels as i am satisfied for the time being, i find many springs for lowering but nothing much of struts and camber kits.
    also a fellow on youtube lowered his 3 on stock shocks can the stock shocks handdle the compression?
    upon lowering will the car need camber in the front? i was directed to a rear camber but nothing on front.
    as for the exhaust im going a no name brand i was suggested to louden it up a bit and read there are two cats on the system. with the new cbe will there be a delete and will this pass smog?

so many questions but for now these are my only ones i have for the time being and i thank you all for your information.

You don't need to worry about 3 parts being interchangeable with Ford parts. Everything you want to modify on the 3 is covered by companies that make parts specifically for it. Places like Corksport.com have parts for the 3, as well as others.

As far as lowering on the stock struts, you can, but it's not advisable. The struts will go bad pretty quickly with the use of drop springs. Definitely buy some performance struts to match the drop springs. You may or may not need to get camber adjustment kits for the front and rear. I'm not 100% sure, as I don't own a 3. I'm just going by what I've heard as well. There are a few 3 guys on here, so you could ask them, but you really should search, as these questions get asked all the time. Between here and other forums, you can find anything you want to know about the 3. You just have to take the time to find the information.

Lastly, don't cheap out on parts. Buy good stuff that will last and be of better quality.

Welcome aboard!
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

Like JC-mx5 said parts are covered well by companies for our 3

you can drop the car on OEM struts and get away with it for a little while (on average most seem to last about a year with lowering springs) BUT the struts will wear out and you will have to get new ones, so if funding permits I would recommend going doing it right the first time and getting a set of Koni Yellows with your choice of springs (i personally am a big fan of the Tein S-Techs)

as far as camber,
    you will only need rear camber links, most say you dont need them if your going with a mild drop (nothing lower than 1.5") but i cant confirm as i dropped my car about 2"
    as far as front camber, there is no need for any, we have enough room to adjust camber through the stock towers, like i stated earlier, im running a 2" drop and i can still easily stay in OEM spec camber for the front wheels

as far as an exhaust if you want to keep prices low and still gain sound and performance, look for an OEM Mazdaspeed3 exhaust for sale (normally you can find them when the ms3 owner installs a new exhaust on their car) they normally can be had for less than 200 bucks for a cat back and about 100 bucks to mount up... best bang for your buck with exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by wetcmonkey View Post
    looking for information on my car it is the 2.3 but i wanted to know more about the motor and chassis. if i read correct the car was bought from ford? so it shares the motor from a ford and a chassis from it as well?
    so along with this information what parts are interchangable or did mazda use the design as a "refrence" creating from a ford canvass.

im apologize in advance but this forums gives me more solid info as you
    aftermarket parts drivers have the car. i am learning more and more but a little info from people that im sure have the car helps.

future plans are exhaust and lowing i am keeping my stock wheels as i am satisfied for the time being, i find many springs for lowering but nothing much of struts and camber kits.
    also a fellow on youtube lowered his 3 on stock shocks can the stock shocks handdle the compression?
    upon lowering will the car need camber in the front? i was directed to a rear camber but nothing on front.
    as for the exhaust im going a no name brand i was suggested to louden it up a bit and read there are two cats on the system. with the new cbe will there be a delete and will this pass smog?

so many questions but for now these are my only ones i have for the time being and i thank you all for your information.
    If you need those mazda parts you can try eBay site. I don't have much information about these parts but certainly used this site for purchasing
    Last edited by Chaundo; 03-01-2013 at 03:19 AM.