Thread: Bull bar for my new Demio

Smile Bull bar for my new Demio

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought my second Demio. My first one is a 1998 1.5 automatic. It has wind deflectors and a bull bar, plus its an import. My new Demio is a 2002 1.5 automatic British model. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I could fit the bull bar from my 1998 Demio to my 2002 model? It just looks a bit bland without it. Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Bull bar = brush guard?

...sorry a bit of lost in translation there
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

I've never heard it called a 'brush guard', so that's news to me. Thanks for that. Do you know though, whether it will fit from a 1998 model to a 2002 model?

The only demio we got here, was the new mazda2. So I am not all too sure...are the 1998 and 2002 different generations?

looks like
    1998:

2002:

Are these more or less accurate?

If so I'd say without some custom work, you can't fit the same one. But it could be possible.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Apparantly the brush bar was removed from them in 2000, so someone told me. The front of my 2002 Demio is slightly different to the 1998 one, so maybe it could be possible to add the bar to it. Its just that my new one lacks any kind of personality at the moment! Not sure how to make it look 'different'! Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by roy obanion View Post
    Bull bar = brush guard?
    ...sorry a bit of lost in translation there
    coming from trucks and wanting to go back to trucks there is actually a distinct difference between a bull bar and a brush guard

bull bar:

brush guard: offers more coverage/protection than a bull bar

to the OP, babz, my only suggestions would be to search junk yards and ebay.... the model you have wasnt in the US market so my best guesses for searching would be about the same ways you probably have already thought of

the way people call things in other countries are different than the US... there is no right or wrong
    just because it is called this way, doesn't mean it's that way in his country

Here here
    Quote Originally Posted by theman View Post
    the way people call things in other countries are different than the us... There is no right or wrong
    just because it is called this way, doesn't mean it's that way in his country