Thread: F1 Racing clutch/flywheel

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar

F1 Racing clutch/flywheel

Woohoo! First thread in the section, I'm so special!

Anyway, to my topic. I am going to have to get a new clutch sooner rather than later with all my new power, so I've been shopping around. I see these F1 Racing sets on eBay, lo and behold Good-Win Racing carries some of the line (yes, I do browse there. Prudent shopper and all that). Has anyone on here had any experience with them, or know someone who has? The price is right but I don't want to have to remove the tranny twice to do this job due to a poor set of components.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    I believe tony has the flywheel.
    That's what I plan to do. Get a cheap lightweight flywheel and a excedy stage 1 or 2
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Friend of mine has an F1 in his S50 e30. It's a stage 3 I believe and it's a SERIOUS clutch. Always grips like a champ though. I'd stick with something like a Stage 1 or 2 if you're not planning on racing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6
    maybe you should think harder maybe your the one who should be in school if you cant correct my mistakes in your head

I have the F1 flywheel on a OEM Exedy clutch. I really like the combo, on my stockish, slow car. I have an F1 flywheel, and an ACT stage 1 in the SpecV, and that is definitely a big jump up. Super grippy

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Thanks for the input guys. I asked around and did some research as well. Seems like their lower-level clutches aren't well thought of, the Stage 3 is but seems to be a beast. I thought about doing like you Tony and getting one of their flywheels then pairing it with the FM clutch, but I would still be looking at about the cost of a FM Happy Meal. Might as well just go that route then.