Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello?

Hello?

Anyone in this subforum?

Maybe I'm talking to myself, but next week or so I'm going to buy a CX-5--FWD, Grand Touring, Tech Package, all weather floor mats, rear cargo cover, in sky blue. Getting that $500 keepin it in the family discount, hells yeah.

My wife was set on a Mini Countryman for about a year and somehow we never pulled the trigger on it. Guess we were just lukewarm on it all along, until we found out about this little gem. We'd also considered supporting the Korean economy and getting another Hyundai, but after 12 years in her POS Elantra, the wife is ready to upgrade to something spunky. Two testdrives later we're decided. Now it's all about getting a good deal and not getting to pissed at salespeople.

The only think I'm not too keen on is the tire size--the tire rack only shows two options for replacement in the oddball 225/55-19, and both are north of $200. Maybe in 30k miles, there will be more options. Or I could get 245/45s for <$150 wonder if it'll fit on a 7" rim. Anyway, cross that bridge when I come to it.

Got a lead on a good price from e-sales guy Jimmy at a local dealer so if it turns out to be no BS we'll place the order. Will advise...

Howdy! We had a CX-7 for 6 years, just recently traded in, but I still have MS3. We do need a Cx-5 section made. Pretty badass, and Corksport even has mods for it already, like intakes and springs, exhaust in testing!

This one wont see any mods but good to know there's an aftermarket for it.

Ordered today with no haggling--Esales is the way to go! Current status: on water. Should get here on the 26th.

Oh. You know you want an intake.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP5 View Post
    The only think I'm not too keen on is the tire size--the tire rack only shows two options for replacement in the oddball 225/55-19, and both are north of $200. Maybe in 30k miles, there will be more options. Or I could get 245/45s for <$150 wonder if it'll fit on a 7" rim. Anyway, cross that bridge when I come to it.
    That's the ticket. Autox style!
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Well this has turned into quite the clusterfuck. Very belated update:

Our car, slated for delivery September 26, was somehow sold to someone else in NJ. Apparently E-sales guy Jimmy doesn't have the pull he thought he did.

We ordered another car from the factory. After a couple months we checked back in with the dealer only to learn our car was flooded by Hurricane Sandy. I wonder why they didn't call us when they found out.

Today I called sales manager Paul, who said they found another car in NJ (why didn't you call to let us know?) but they'd have to drive it down here, so it would arrive with a few hundered miles on the odo. Wife said no, she wants a new car or at least compensation.

Of course Paul said it's $700 to ship it. I asked Paul for confirmation once our car has been ordered, and after several minutes of explanation on the minutia of ordering a car from Mazda, going into production, sitting on a dock, sailing across the high seas, sitting in customs and a bunch of other shit I don't need to know, he said it would be very unconventional and he guesses he could do that. Thanks for the homey accomodations, Paul.

Not super surprised we're getting the lowest priority here, since they can't seem to keep these cars on the lot for than a couple days, and since we negotiated a pretty decent price, but I wonder if I should continue my search with another dealer. Looks like it's going to take a total of 6 months IF this order goes through. Seems like a hell of a lot to go through to get the car we want. Think these guys are bullshitting?

When I ordered my Miata I wanted an unconventional option package: LSD w/NO antilock brakes, and it took 7 weeks to get the car.

Damn dude. That's a shitty experience. Hopefully you'll get your CX soon!

Yep, it's not fun. But at least my wife's Hyundai is still reliable so it's not like we urgently need a new car. Yesterday the dealer sent confirmation that they have ordered another one. It's a 2014 model with a bigger engine and price tag. That should be fine but until then I'll be searching the dealer inventories for a 2013 with all the right specs--I kind of prefer the smaller engine with better mileage.

Esales guy Jimmy just located a 2013 model, he's hoping he can get it here. If so, we could seal the deal mid-Jan...

doooo eeeet, do eeet hard, mang!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast