Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Entered the World of Mazda3

Just Entered the World of Mazda3

Hello All!

I just bought my first Mazda this week and figured id join the Mazda forum. I have been a VW owner for the last 5 years and regularly posted on JettaJunkie and Vortex so i figured id join the Mazda forums. I dont no really anything about the Mazda's yet but im eager to learn about them.

Heres the specs

2007 Mazda3
    48k Miles
    5 speed

*only mod is removed badges from doors besides the hatch because i believe its not only just glued on so i didnt wanna remove it and have holes showing even tho i have holes showing on the front bumper cuz i remounted the license plate. id much rather just have the plate completely removed but i was harrassed enuf by police in my jetta for that reason lol.

Mazda3 by mnsnwta, on Flickr

**is there a FOR SALE thread on this site? id like to put the 18" speed wheels on it and keep the 17" for winter.
    Last edited by mnsnwta; 06-04-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Welcome to another 3 owner! The rear emblem does have two posts so if you do remove it you'll want to get plugs to fill the holes. There is a for sale section however I don't know of any stock speed3 wheels for sale right now. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know when I see some though.

welcome to the forum, glad to see another new 3 owner. like darkcambria said, ill keep my eyes open for any speed3 wheels for sale

if you have any questions feel free to ask, darkcambria and i have done ALOT of modding to the 3 platform haha

cool thanks, glad to see this isnt another vortex where ur criticized for every word said haha.

Welcome and congrats! You'll find that most everybody here is pretty laid back and helpful.

Welcome, I just got my 3 last week but had been on the forum before that. Everyone here is laid back and have always been helpful to me

So what is a good website for parts? I'm looking to get a new antenna, don't really care for the long stock one. I don't wanna lose reception tho so I'd like to stay away from cheap quality eBay items.

Thanks

*also, u mentioned plugs for removing the rear badge. What have u guys done for the front plate removal? Did you guys do anything to cover up the 2 holes where the original mount was? I wanna take care of those.
    Last edited by mnsnwta; 06-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.

no front plates here in michigan so no clue what to do for those. also you can use the acura rdx antenna, its about 6 inches long so it looks a lot better than stock and i still get good reception. part number is 39151-stk-a01 and its like 10 bucks from the dealership

Quote Originally Posted by mnsnwta View Post
    So what is a good website for parts? I'm looking to get a new antenna, don't really care for the long stock one. I don't wanna lose reception tho so I'd like to stay away from cheap quality eBay items.

Thanks

*also, u mentioned plugs for removing the rear badge. What have u guys done for the front plate removal? Did you guys do anything to cover up the 2 holes where the original mount was? I wanna take care of those.
    websites on parts depend on what kind of parts you are looking for, id recommend different companies for different parts

as far as antenna goes, the best option IMO is an OEM Acura RDX antenna, its a stubby that maintains good reception, screws right back into our antenna base and matches flawlessly, cant even tell its not a mazda part haha

****edit, i just saw xJAZx suggested the same thing on the RDX antenna, so i second his suggestion haha

as far as the holes in my bumper, i still havent plugged them, ill get ahold of my buddy and ask what he used

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    the best option IMO is an OEM Acura RDX antenna
    how does it compare to the speed3 antenna in terms of size?
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast