Thread: Turbo BOV hose crack

Turbo BOV hose crack

Hey guys,
    So let me apoligize up front if this is a very simple fix or not a big issue at all. This is my 1st turbo car and I really want to take care of my baby. So lets get too it.
    While idleling , I could hear a high pressure wind sound coming from somewhere up at the engine bay so I opend her up and located what I belive to be the source. A small hose coming from the BOV is cracked due to it being in a tight spot. The hose is coming out of the Vacuum In port.
    PIC realated.

Sorry for the quality, cell phone pic.

So my concern is, can I mix this with good ol' duck tape (or similar easy fix) or does the hose need to be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. THe BOV is a TURBOXS MS3-RBV

i would replace it. or easier if the crack is at one end, and there is plenty of slack in the line, chop the end off and re-attach.
    2003.5 Mazda Protege5 5 speed - Laser Blue Mica (24a)
    2007 Mazda 5 GS 5 Speed - Strato Blue Mica (25e)
    2002 Mazda Protege5 5 Speed - Sunlight Silver Metallic (22v)- R.I.P March 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by 00bluees View Post
    i would replace it. or easier if the crack is at one end, and there is plenty of slack in the line, chop the end off and re-attach.
    So I cut of the broken bit and re-attached it. Everything works fine and the turbo didn't blow up so I'm guessing everything is ok. I don't know if its been like that since I bought it but now theres a semi-high pitch noise coming from the BOV just while ideling. Not sure if that's normal and none of the clamps are restricting airflow.