Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: xJAZx's 09 Mazda3

I see your awaiting arrival list is growing. I had southernsurfer's smoked overlays also and they are nice and held up well. Only reason I took them off was because I swapped the reflectors out for the CS led rear bumper lights.

I wondered if anyone was noticing that I keep adding to that list lol Tomorrow should be at least the antenna and valence and then whatever decides to surprise me in the mail

i can haz parts?!

Sweet. I like the look of those bulbs much better than the orange ones.

Yeah I hate seeing the orange color. Anyone know if the brake light area is red just from the bulbs too? Could I replace them with LEDs and get rid of the red tint?

I believe that it is just from the bulbs. This pic is from someone who got chrome dipped bulbs for both lights.

I can't claim complete knowledge since I have LED tails but thejeans could confirm.

I guess I can check when I change out the turn signals. I'd do chrome dipped for the brake lights too but I plan to get overlays for the tails and want to make sure you can see the brake lights still so I figured LEDs would be a better choice

Picked up the speed3 valence today but didn't put it on yet. Antenna is on and so are the rear turn signal bulbs. Put the front turn signal bulbs in but I think they're too dim so im gonna get leds for those. Also held off on the axela badge because im gonna do gunmetal badges and figured id paint it first.

Edit: Also the rear brake lights have a reflector in them so even if the bulb is replaced they will be red when off.
    Last edited by BRIAN MP5T; 06-05-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Double

To my knowledge you can pick up a set of brake lights that are chrome dipped and the tail will turn out similar to the pic darkcambria posted

Decided to not be lazy and lay on the ground for a second so this got done.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    To my knowledge you can pick up a set of brake lights that are chrome dipped and the tail will turn out similar to the pic darkcambria posted
    I pulled the brake light bulb out and it is clear, the red is from the inside of the taillight.

Nice! Let me help you envision the overlays and tinted tails haha

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast