Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh's BG Megathread

Josh's BG Megathread

*pasted from my thread on Club Protege*

Alright, folks! I'm finally in the BG game and very excited indeed. I went out and bought a '94 323 today for a decent price. We'll say she's got character. There's almost 150k on the clock, but in typical Mazda fashion, that's barely broken in and she runs like a top. I barely sipped 1/8 tank of fuel on my nearly 100 mile return trip today and that makes me happy as well. She's a great runner, but man has she been beaten up cosmetically. A cracked dash and windscreen are on my list of, "I've got to fix that crap now.", stuff and some other bits and pieces will follow. A little love will see this project looking healthy, while a lot of passion will hopefully see it become something great. I'm not sure where the project will take me, but I know there's a bunch of good stuff coming, including 4-wheel discs and a BP swap for sure. For now, it's maintenance (and possibly lowering) time.

Here she is, right after arriving home.

- Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

looks solid, how's the rust situation?

Jealous man, I would have loved a hatch back. Can't wait to see some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    looks solid, how's the rust situation?
    So far, so good. I tore into the car a bit today. Removed the non-functioning radio. The speakers will follow. I also removed the ratty spare and various bits of rubbish from the spare well. There's little more than surface rust in there. No holes or anything. There was certainly standing water in there at some point, but nothing out of hand.

Most of the interior is beautiful, considering the rest of the car, which is pretty dirty. I need to replace the top portion of the dashboard, as it is cracked beyond recognition, but the rest of the dash (with cup holders!) is in perfect shape. The big fix will be having the windscreen replaced, as it is also fubar'd. If the cost of replacement is below my insurance deductable, will it change my premium at all if I use insurance?

Other than that, a thorough cleaning of the engine bay and a peek underneath will tell me where I'm at. Shes got a couple little clunks and rattles over bumps, but it doesn't seem too bad. *fingers crossed* I'll be doing a basic alignment, as the wheel isn't straight and the car pulls right. She also needs a tach. I'm debating a trip to the junk yard for an LX cluster or just adding a little tach on the steering column. Lastly, the shifter needs new bushings. Badly. I'm talking punch yourself in the stones to find 1st gear bad. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but so far she's been a good little runner and very luxurious compared to my Miata! lol
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

Your insurance should stay the same, but always ask beforehand.

Looks like it just suffers from the same problem that all 20 year old cars do. Have fun with it!

I have a blue 52mm Prosport tach sitting here on my desk, come get it..
    "Failure is the mother of success."

yay BG-BP

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

I prefer the BJ o_O
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Quote Originally Posted by jeg0024 View Post
    i prefer the bj o_o
    dont know many guys that dont!

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Lower it.
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast