Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnate's 2004 LS

Blog Entries

Gnate's 2004 LS

Hey guys! I sold my 3 last night and picked up this beauty this afternoon with 42,001 on the odometer. I bought it from a cool dude with 3 cars who didn't need it anymore. He took it off the road every winter and stored it in a heated garage. He also claimed that it had never seen rain.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Will post non-iphone pics as soon as I throw a new coat of wax on her!

Administrator
    wow I honestly do believe the "no rain" part. Look at that engine bay!
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Blog Entries
    I can't get over how fun this thing is to drive.

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    It only gets better.

That is the cleanest bay I've ever seen.

That car is beautiful. Welcome to the club
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Damn that engine bay is cleaner than mine was when I got it! Nice car!
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Blog Entries
    Thank you, thank you!
    Can't wait to start modding... but that'll have to wait until the end of the summer.

Thinkin' about buying the flyin miata stage 2 suspension kit, but I kind of want swift springs.

Considering hard dog bar, but I'm curious as to how much seat room I will have to sacrifice... I already ride with it as far back as it will go.

I don't think I'll upgrade wheels for a while... but I might powdercoat the stockers a nice bronze. Love that color scheme. Hey, maybe get the roll bar powdercoated bronze as well? Imagine that.

Administrator
    the roll bar really won't impact how far back the seat will be allowed to travel, but it won't be safe. Whenever I see pics of cars where the head rest is within or behind the main hoop of the roll bar I facepalm. Such a dangerous setup. With how much the seat back flexes, for safety you'd want to make sure the headrest is a couple inches in front of the rollbar padding.

My old roommate was 6'1" and was able to fit just fine with that safety constraint in mind, but then again I see people who are like 5'8" and sit with the seat all the way back.. how they reach the pedals I'm not quite sure.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Yeah my seat is all the way back with my bar and it clears fine. I lost no travel on the drivers side (maybe a little bit of recline) and I don't Believe I lost anything with the passenger, but I am usually solo so I am not totally sure.

My seat is all the way back and at as much recline I can get without it rubbing on the bar.

I am about 6' tall
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast