Thread: 2000 Mazda Familia FULL TIME 4WD TO 2WD CONVERSION

Unhappy 2000 Mazda Familia FULL TIME 4WD TO 2WD CONVERSION

Hi All Members,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have a 2000 4wd familia which has a full time 4wd system, lately I got a sound coming from rear diff and I removed the shaft and the noise went off...and again now it seems to re-appaear, the mechanic guy changed the rear diff bearings once and now I get a metal grinding cluncking sound at times....(4wd expertise) here is very low...

So I finally thought of converting my Familia rear to 2wd!

Could I do the rear axle and parts direct swop from a non 4wd ZL-DE LS edition normal 2wd car rear onto mine?
    If I detach the axels how do I close them?
    I have all disk breaks..how will this effect if I remove the rear wheel axles from diff..?

I have already disconnected the shaft..and already running on 2wd. But I am worried about the noise coming from rear diff.

Pls advcie and help me on this.

thanks
    Chinth

Everyone else in the world wants to do the opposite of what you are planning

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    Everyone else in the world wants to do the opposite of what you are planning

Yes. that maybe But in my country I am out of parts and labour for the mazda 4wd.! thats why I want this advice on going down to 2wd.

Wow, this is an interesting thread. Definitely going to keep my eye on it. I wish I could help though. I've never personally seen a 4WD BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SATimko View Post
    I've never personally seen a 4WD BJ.
    Me neither, it was always after dark, easier to hide from the authorities that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6
    maybe you should think harder maybe your the one who should be in school if you cant correct my mistakes in your head

What happned to your conversion? I'm also planning to do the same for the same reason.