Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The MP5T

Even better than the last thread.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

God I love those bumper covers.

Hey Brian, car looks great as usual. Future plans are fantastic as well. I am wondering why you chose not to go with the GTX turbo and also why not have the anti-surge machining? Are you going to stiffen the rear any more from where it is now? My rear suspension felt loose after a few mods to the front. I basically have a gutted interior like yours and the weight reduction was noticeable. Just wondering what your input on all this is...
    SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Signature Sound View Post
    Hey Brian, car looks great as usual. Future plans are fantastic as well. I am wondering why you chose not to go with the GTX turbo and also why not have the anti-surge machining? Are you going to stiffen the rear any more from where it is now? My rear suspension felt loose after a few mods to the front. I basically have a gutted interior like yours and the weight reduction was noticeable. Just wondering what your input on all this is...
    It might be worth your while to post up what mods you have to be able to compare your suspension setup with what Brian has... and to possibly determine why your ass end feels loose.
    MP3: moderately modified

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The selection of the turbo is quite easy.

1. This combo is not available as a GTX and it was $1000.00 BNIB custom.
    2. This exact turbo has a T-25 Inlet
    3. Anti Surge/No Anti Surge... whatever (Honestly should be focusing on things that could actually alter performance line the intake plumbing or Air Filter selection... A couple of holes drilled here or there looks more like a "Look" thing... than a design consideration... If it was that important, Garrett would have implemented it into their original design. I am not going to be anywhere near this turbos maximum limit, It is suited for up to 500 WHP, I should get 400 off of near 22 PSI)

Are you talking about the car wanting to slide out in the rear on a corner?

I set up my car to oversteer. Took awhile to get it dialed in, but oversteer on a FWD car means you just tip in the throttle and you'll straighten right out.
    Completely stock...

Drifting a FWD = Good Times!
    -Mark-
    '02 Sunburst Yellow P5 with just a little power adder

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I set up my car to oversteer. Took awhile to get it dialed in, but oversteer on a FWD car means you just tip in the throttle and you'll straighten right out.
    Absolutely! So much fun to have the car on edge all the time. People who drive with me at AutoX are always amazed at how easily my car rotates... so much fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by mspeedP5 View Post
    Drifting a FWD = Good Times!
    Drifting a FWD car = power slidding
    MP3: moderately modified

Run your front tires 5-10 lbs more than the rear. Should clear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6
    maybe you should think harder maybe your the one who should be in school if you cant correct my mistakes in your head

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any Ideas on what I'm doing this weekend??

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast