Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The MP5T

I remember you saying that you deleted your PCV somewhere, so you are just running that SS line from your valve cover to the back of the engine bay and it just dumps onto the ground?
    I really want to delete mine, but I know if you delete it and cap it off, you'll start blowing out seals and popping the dipstick...

He has the Pcv set up to a check valve system.

Not sure I understand what that means...

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothermp5 View Post
    I remember you saying that you deleted your PCV somewhere, so you are just running that SS line from your valve cover to the back of the engine bay and it just dumps onto the ground?
    I really want to delete mine, but I know if you delete it and cap it off, you'll start blowing out seals and popping the dipstick...

Two hoses that dump to the back of the motor...

You cant cap them or you will blow your two output seals..
    Quote Originally Posted by big lou View Post
    He has the Pcv set up to a check valve system.
    No He has a 1.5 foot tube.. that is open...

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reserved for Projector Swap

No Halo, No Pissing around with used housings.

H1 Style Bulb.

All Painted Flat Black

sales@ultimateretrofit.com

Contact Keith (aka Mazda3UR) for information..

damn he did a good job on those
    SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Damn those look nice! Should flow nicely with your wheels!
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

what will you run on the inside part of the light housing?
    me likey makes me reconsider p5 headlights

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN MP5T View Post
    So today I spent learning about all the new products.

The 505 Manifold does not like the Perrin Fuel Rail. If you use the OEM plastic spacers, it Effs up the alignment and creates an air leak.

The AWR oil pan leaks like a MOFO. I put a ton of Permitex Black on it and it cured for a really long time. The pan lip is so warped that even with the bolts snugged tight, oil is simply able to be blown out the front of the motor. A bit disapointing for something that costs so much... Saturday I suppose I am taking the Ex System off and the oil pan as well to reseal it. This time I'm going to empty the entire tube on it and see if that works.

The combination of the 2.0L and the GT3071 is Fantastic. I replayed a log of my last drive.

The MP5T posted a 9.7 PSI at 3025 RPM and 12% TPS.

I have to resist the urge to push down. The tune is sloppy and the motor only has 250 Km on it.

The cooling system ROCKS!
    I was just gonna say. You dont need to use a whole bunch of silicone. No matter how warped. Work your way around the pan with a rope lay of the gasket maker. Wait for the stuff to damn near dry. Depending on which type you use. It can take 10minute to 6hours. Once its damn near dry. Then put the pan on.

Been away for a minute from this board. Totally forgot i was a member here..lol. but good to come back and see good builds still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by Signature Sound View Post
    damn, sorry to hear about the problems. The flange on my awr oil pan was warped like hell too. They wont return calls to warranty it. I went on ebay in search of 1/4" thick SOLID silicone sheet. I found one big enough with 70 duro for $35. I used the oil pan as a template to make a new gasket. Then I cut some spacers at 1/8" height to go around each bolt to keep the silicone sheet from sqeezing out too much. Its been ok for a season plus now, but I hate seeing it that way. Just a suggestion to get you by instead of the massive goop that could wreak havoc if it fell into the pan.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Punisher 6 - Twin Turbo Mazda 6 - 3.0L V6 - There is Only One!
    "H.A.T.E.R.S- Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success"

Are those the mini gatling gun shrouds or the full size?

And mind me asking what you paid for the retro service and projector parts?

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast