Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cams

cams

looking to get another 20 hps to the wheels. could i do this with cams, adjustable cam gears headers & exhaust. maybe an engine management systems.

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes you could, But depending on your budget, a simple turbo kit would easily give you better results for the money.

C'mon Brian, dont' screw with him like that. What he REALLY needs is one of those nifty electric superchargers!
    Completely stock...

bearbryant, first off what for mods do you have how much are you looking to spend into the car??

it's stock. have a mechanic though who is pretty damn smart. was looking into a bike, but just like cars alot more. right now i have about $2500. hope to have another $1000 by end of summer.

well if your looking for around 20whp to the wheels

intake, header, exhaust, rear motor mount, vcts delete (butterflies in the intake manifold),bsd delete (balance shaft delete), advanced timing, and grounding the throttle body
    should get you around the 20ish whp gains your looking for

if you want advice/tips on which parts to go with ill be happy to help you...

ive done similar mods and im around 25whp over stock... a stock 3 dyno'd at 117hp and 113tq on a mustang dyno, on the same day i put down 142hp and 126tq with the mods ive listed above

oh and the good news, those power mods should be around 1500ish (maybe even less) leaving another grand or so for suspension, which is where this car really shines IMO

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will agree that suspension has a greater effect on performance in that budget range.

Weight removal is free and has a huge effect on how the car reacts to the drivers input as well.

Simple things like getting your girlfriend a bus pass or making her walk will have a drastic effect on the weight of the car. Lol

Blog Entries
    ^ lol @ the girlfriend remarks.

Levi, I read that after the vcts delete the car runs like shit when you start it up in cold weather? Is this true? Also have you noticed a dramatic decrease in gas mileage since your deletes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnate View Post
    Levi, I read that after the vcts delete the car runs like shit when you start it up in cold weather? Is this true? Also have you noticed a dramatic decrease in gas mileage since your deletes?
    it doesnt run like shit, but the car is def. a little cranky on cold starts then just leaving and driving wherever you had intended to go, the car likes you alot more if you let it idle up to temp before driving when its below freezing...

and actually the opposite, with all my mods im running now i get better mileage (when i can stay out of the throttle)

Blog Entries
    Most excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast