Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOO! Finally

WOO! Finally

I had been lusting after NA's for a couple years, and finally bought one from a friend last September. He was kind enough to store it for me all winter long, but with his new Vette arriving this week, it was time to bring her home. So on Saturday that's exactly what happened. Drove the 3 hours home with the top down in 0* C weather just because.

1997, roughly ~150K KM, no AC, with PS

The good:
    - Pulls STRONG
    - New HPS pads in front, NIB HPS rear pads included, roughly 1 summer old HP+ pads on rear
    - I suspect it has a lightweight flywheel, though PO didn't put one in. Possible who he bought it from did
    - New tires last year
    - Manual steering rack included if I want to do the swap (opinions?)
    - R lips F/R

The bad:
    - Body shows age. Nothing horrible, but needs a detail
    - 2 cracks in rear window are taped up with boat tape. Not big deal, will be down 90% of the time
    - Seat covers that will be coming off ASAP
    - Rear lip was cut for a trailer hitch that's still there
    - Corksport exhaust, way too loud even with a silencer. Already looking for a 1.8L stocker to put on. Might even go with an RB or FM kit if they're quieter, still debating.
    '06 Mazda 3
    '97 Mazda Miata

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Congratulations! I know just what you mean about driving home with the top down, I did the same (although it was quite that cold!).

Congrats dude!!! I know you will love it just like everyone else loves theirs!!

I cannot want to see what you do to it. So much potential in those little N/A's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proteges are exciting, you never know when a rod will be emancipated - DaftIntrovert

congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    challenge accepted =P

congrats man. That car was an awesome buy. Just don't put 13's on it.
    Ammaar - Stock 03 Pro LX updated with some of that ish.

It's the Second Law of Sexual Dynamics...if you think a girl is attracted to you, you are wrong

No plans to change the wheels anytime soon, don't worry.

I had a large list of what I wanted to do this summer, but looks like funds won't be where I want them. So I'll be focusing on seat time instead, goal is 25 events which should be possible with MCO/St LAC. Only regional events I'll do will be Picton double header...
    '06 Mazda 3
    '97 Mazda Miata

Blog Entries
    boooooo. FSS will be boring without you.

It's the Second Law of Sexual Dynamics...if you think a girl is attracted to you, you are wrong

What are you talking about? I drove like shit all last summer. You kicked my ass every time your car didn't break. :P

I'm just anxious to see the final ruleset so I can figure out which street tire class I can run at Picton. Could do ES but...fuck Marsh. lol
    '06 Mazda 3
    '97 Mazda Miata

Administrator
    Congrats!
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by condor888000 View Post
    What are you talking about? I drove like shit all last summer. You kicked my ass every time your car didn't break. :P

I'm just anxious to see the final ruleset so I can figure out which street tire class I can run at Picton. Could do ES but...fuck Marsh. lol
    bwahahaha Marsh. My goal is to out-pax him at 1 event this year. I came in 2nd at PAX at 1 event last year (TLMC), and we was first. Just need to shave another 0.5secs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast