Page 77 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    I removed one of the rear sway end links yesterday, handling seems a bit better so I'll see how that works.
    On pretty much anything other than a road course (and even then, not all of them), having the rear sway disconnected is a huge improvement.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Miata: she's a winner! For the first time since I started, I won my class on my own merit. My competition was a 240SX that had a humongous turbo setup. Offsetting that was his 18" wheels that looked like they were boat anchors. My best time was around 0.5 faster than him. Car handled great without the rear sway connected, I had very little oversteer even under power. I do think I should be able to go faster which is pointing me towards getting the car set up better. I've been planning on raising the ride height anyway. Still, I was only 1.2 seconds slower than a local guy with a '99 Miata racing in CSP who's been doing it for years.

Rear sway out: Pretty good.
    Huge tubular front: Awesome.
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Here's the vid, it's my second best run (YouTube was being a bitch and giving me problems with uploading my best run): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcVR2...ature=youtu.be

Miata: received the "Special Edition" blanket I bought off eBay. Not too sure if this was ever an actual Mazda piece, but it is very nice. Fluffy blanket-type stuff on one side, sort of canvas material on the other side. Very large size (6 X 6?), folds up into a small bit with a carry handle and shoulder strap which is held closed with buckles. I also finally took a look at that picnic backpack I got which was originally included with my car, it's a very nice piece of kit. So now I have all I need to take the wife on a nice picnic outing.

I have one of those in my car too. Won it at the first Lime Rock event that I went to.

Here's the vid, it's my second best run (YouTube was being a bitch and giving me problems with uploading my best run): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcVR2...ature=youtu.be
    Looked like fun and the car sounds pretty good too!
    "Failure is the mother of success."

More! More throttle! :-P

It probably says that I have a problem, that my heart rate went up just watching another autox video.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Well my best run was 0.3 seconds faster than that one, so I did use more throttle. I'm still limited by either/both traction and suspension setup.

RX-7: picked up the widebody kit from my friend's work and took it to my storage. It does have a few dings that will require repair, but it's all there and solid. Looking forward to get it on.

Miata: received my new fuel pump, so picked up the MP62 kit from storage and brought it home. Install will start in the next few days.

Damn, that car looks/sounds good. I like that look-back, with the srs biz-ness eyes, lol

Good to see the big boy charger readied for duty!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Tony, I was just making sure the camera was on, I guess I probably look that way most of the time!

Page 77 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast