Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Miata: received the IAT sensor from DIYAutoTune. Also my roll bar mount for the GoPro, I'll see how that improves my POV for autocross next week.

Get a taller roll bar!
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Miata: after looking at the inside of the valve cover I sent off for powdercoating, and considering I will be basically doubling the boost into the engine soon, I decided to order up a catch can from Signature to match the VC. So that's been done. I received notice that my ProSport boost gauge has shipped from Crossover Auto, and presumably the bits I ordered from Stage One Tuning (company that basically replaced BRP for their MP62 kits) will be showing up shortly. I entered my info into their system once I had placed my order, but doing it that way apparently means it won't show up in my order history. Lesson learned, always sign up with a company before you place an order. There is some issue with the MS, when the guy tests them on his static system they are fine, but when placed into a car they don't work correctly. He's looking into it.

Sounds like it's gonna be fun! Hopefully we'll get to see some pics :P
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Here ya go! Its ready for some serious boost. AN-8 fittings will handle all the flow you need. Let me know when you are ready to complete the package with a breather tank. Can't wait to see it installed so its coming back to you right away.

SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

Miata: received my ProSport boost gauge from Crossover, and my black vent rings from revlimiter. The rings are a lot heavier than I thought they would be. Also got the shipping info for the above items, thanks Brian.

Miata: received the valve cover and catch can. Yummy. I have to see if there's somewhere local I can source some hose for connections. Also have some required house painting to do, but I'll get it installed soon. Also received the bits for the supercharger kit I bought from Stage One.

The wife wanted to see what was in the big box. I showed her and told her it was to replace the shiny valve cover that was currently on the car. She said, where is it? When I told her under the hood, she said, who cares? This is the woman who is so stylish. Unfortunately that doesn't carry over to the car world.

Miata: have the first coat of paint in the valve cover letters. I think it looks great, subtle/understated the way I like things. I'm going to do at least one more coat.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Miata: have the first coat of paint in the valve cover letters. I think it looks great, subtle/understated the way I like things. I'm going to do at least one more coat.
    Will you please send me some photos when you get it done? I would also greatly appreciate photos once its installed. I had some serious "separation anxiety" when I had to box it up lol.... But even my girlfriend said it looks cool. She never says anything is cool when it comes to cars.
    SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

But of course! That was part of the deal after all, while I don't normally post a lot of pictures for something like this I want to show the world.

Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast