Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Okay, if you aren't yanking my chain, then you are WAY out of it! Got a 2000 SE w/JR supercharger about two weeks ago (and spent the last week out of country so have only been able to drive it one week).

Pictures are here, post 10792:

http://www.themazdaforum.com/showthr...azda!/page1080
    Last edited by chiefmg; 10-02-2010 at 07:00 PM.

lol, I saw it but you only have like 3 pictures!
    "Failure is the mother of success."

Lol, John's out of it, big time!

lol, go read the second word of this thread. This thread was my ideer :P

Quote Originally Posted by jeg0024 View Post
    lol, I saw it but you only have like 3 pictures!
    And this surprises you why?

As long as there's no stop lights, rain's no big deal when topless
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Drove the Speed today, first time since getting home. After the Miata it almost feels like a Buick! Even though it isn't a boat, it floats over imperfections like they aren't there. When I got home I installed the cargo net in the Miata and vacuumed around the rain rail. Also got under and found out I do have braided stainless brake lines. Now I just have to bleed them (later this week along with all my fluids to be changed).

And just for all the whiners, I took a picture of the 8 with her now finished exterior mods. Posting will occur when I get up and get my cable to download. Will I post here, in the modding the wife's car thread, your Mazda pics thread, or the 22V thread? I'll let you all guess where!

POST PICS EVERYWHERE lol

yeah, that's how most of us do it. lol

and Callie's car P5 feels like an SUV or mini van after driving the miata

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Today was a Miata day. Changed fluids (oil, trans and diff). Flushed/bled the brakes, first time using my new pressure bleeder. It didn't quite work as advertised so I'll have to see if my procedure was off. Finally, I raised her up 13mm. While under the car I discovered what has been scraping wasn't the fender liner, but the frame rails. I had to run out on some errands so didn't get any definitive measurements hub to fender, but it looks like I actually gained close to an inch in that plane (25mm for those so inclined). Not sure why the difference between the shock amount and that, I could see it if the car had a setup similar to a motorcycle (where you get a greater increase at the wheel from shock adjustment) but I don't see that being the case here. Maybe Maff can chime in and clear the haze.

Oh yeah, and whoever changed the oil last time barely put the filter on. Glad I took care of that before it blew off. Location kind of sucks, it isn't the worst I've ever changed but it is awkward.

Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast