Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1775

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Suspension in the 8 is now good. Those softer springs were what the BC coilovers needed, and the ride height now looks better and is more functional. Of course this is my opinion, Robyn's may vary! Yesterday I told her I had set it so it was jacked up in the rear like a muscle car. She wasn't sure if I was joking or not.

I am married to one of the few women in the world who would complain that a car is too high. She took the 8 out and when she came home, said she felt like she was driving a truck! Basically it was too low before (especially in the rear) but she has driven it like that for several years so is used to it. I told her give it some time and she'll get used to it. This is the same woman though who says the Miata is too low.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 09-24-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling correction

That is awesome.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Washed/cleaned both the Miata and 8 today. The 8 got the full bore treatment since we're taking it on our trip. Exterior/interior cleaned, plastics treated, leather cleaned and conditioned. Of course all fluids checked etc. Basically just have to get the tank topped off tonight and she'll be ready to roll.

Forgot, I also scrubbed the Miata's boot cover. First time I've done that (have vacuumed it a few times), it really brightened it up.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 09-24-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

After some thought, I decided to pull both the JR header and FM muffler. There's just a little too much obnoxiousness on the noise front for me, plus something is causing the car to vibrate under some loads. There was also a metallic rattling noise that was new, but I found out what it was when I pulled the stuff off a little while ago. I forgot to put the tab for the metal hardline for the heater connection to the mixing manifold under one of the exhaust mani nuts.

It's getting kind of scary how fast I can pull stuff off this car. Granted I've done a lot of things to it, but it only took me a little over an hour to pull the 'charger, exhaust mani and muffler.

Got it all back together, I took the time to clean up the muffler and pipes of the Brainstorm dual, it was looking kind of ratty. Rattle canned it flat black with some high temp paint from Ace, came out well. Took a test drive, no more vibes and it sounds nice and throaty without the edginess that the FM dual had.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 09-25-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Crawled under the Miata this morning and reinstalled the front 949 cross brace. Washed/waxed her after lunch. Wax will come off in the morning, there is going to be some local website at Fuel tomorrow taking pictures so I figured why not? I am happy to note that all fluid levels are staying where they should be.

Finally washed the Speed's dirty butt, and found out how extensive the paint overspray from my darling wife's endeavors was. Answer? VERY!! I know there's some on her car as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    After some thought, I decided to pull both the JR header and FM muffler. There's just a little too much obnoxiousness on the noise front for me, plus something is causing the car to vibrate under some loads. There was also a metallic rattling noise that was new, but I found out what it was when I pulled the stuff off a little while ago. I forgot to put the tab for the metal hardline for the heater connection to the mixing manifold under one of the exhaust mani nuts.

It's getting kind of scary how fast I can pull stuff off this car. Granted I've done a lot of things to it, but it only took me a little over an hour to pull the 'charger, exhaust mani and muffler.
    The NA/NBs are soo well laid out compared to most other cars
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

I'll just leave this here for some droolage:

Had to park on the street, ironically because I got there earlier than usual. I heard about that one!

That looks really good.
    roadster love.

Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast