Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1747

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Drove her like I stole her! Cruise was great, only dark spot was when we stopped for a bit in a church (gravel) lot and one of the RX-8s did a donut. Being out in the country, a lady who lived right there saw it and came over to bitch us out. Of course when she came the guy who did it had already left. My ears are ringing more than normal thanks to driving top down for about 9 hours.

On my way home there was a straight piped Harley. Guy pulled away from a stoplight and cranked it because he was trying to impress some girls who were right there. Couple of miles down the road I ended up next to him at the next light. I knew what was coming, when the light went green we were off. I was ahead and pulled on him, despite not getting cleanly into third when I first tried it. I got a thumbs up from him down the road before he turned off.

Good stuff Mike. Did the vc make it to you yet?
    SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

Yes it did Brian, yesterday. I was busy yesterday getting the car together so didn't send you an e-mail (took care of that today). It was noticed and commented on during the cruise.

For everyone's info, Brian did his usual knock-out job on another valve cover for me. The finish is better than the last one due to some improved equipment he has. I'm running a normal PCV now, although I'm using one from a 323GTX as that is designed to hold more pressure.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Thank you!! Are you going to do the body color lettering again? Looked awesome on the other one.
    SignatureCustomTanks@gmail.com

Thanks. Yep, did that before I installed it. At least one person noticed it, that's the kind of subtle thing I like to do that not everyone sees but I know it's there.

Washed both the Miata and RX-8 this morning, I had to park in a gravel lot at one point yesterday so the Miata was pretty dusty. I also backed off on the Miata's throttle body butterfly adjustment screw to try and drop the idle a little. I had read about setting it so it was slightly open to help prevent idle droop but I got it a little too open as my idle was at 2,000 rpm. Have to do some house stuff (pressure washing) then going on another cruise tonight, this time with the wife.

Adjusted the power steering/A/C belt as it was squealing some. With the wife going along we will need the A/C. Because, you know, you have to run that when you have the top down.

For you younger types, this is what happens when a woman gets to that point in her life when her body changes. Have fun!

Nearly forgot, I installed an inflatable lumbar bladder I picked up off eBay a while back in the driver's seat. That filled in the last little niggle to make them perfect. Well almost, on longer drives my right thigh is resting right on the support pipe inside the seat for the outer support. If I don't move it around it causes my leg to go numb. It isn't a problem while actively driving, only when using the cruise control where I am not moving that leg.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 08-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

So, the cruise on Sunday wasn't quite what I expected. A lot of what looked like ricers showed up, closer inspection showed they were actually serious cars (like an RSX with a pedestal wing, that had the interior gutted in the rear). The roads were great, I was familiar with some of them but the rest were good too. We didn't go on the whole drive as it was going longer than we thought.

Felt like the clutch was weird so I bleed it this evening. Got a lot of air out of it and the old fluid was looking bad. On the drive after it initially felt good, but then started to feel like it wasn't completely disengaging. There was no sign of fluid at the slave so I'm wondering if the master is leaking internally.

Finally got the center section of my butterfly brace installed again. I forgot what a right-royal PITA that is. Also adjusted my bypass valve so it's working better, I was getting a kick in the boost like a turbo. Now it's back to being seamless. Replaced the factory sealing washer for the temperature sensor with the O-ring and backing washer the guy I bought the reroute spacer from provided. There was a small leak from the sensor, I have to check it now once it cools to see if the O-ring corrected the leak.

Edit: just checked and no more leakage from around the reroute spacer. Success!
    Last edited by chiefmg; 08-29-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    With the wife going along we will need the A/C. Because, you know, you have to run that when you have the top down.

For you younger types, this is what happens when a woman gets to that point in her life when her body changes. Have fun!
    Well i see you have been nice and busy mike. As for the above statement im going thru it too. My summer has been spent with the central air set to 68 and the ceiling fan in the bedroom set to medium at night. And i still wake up at times finding she has thrown the covers off herself and me!!!

Had to be busy, to get her back together and have some enjoyment before I go back to work.

I feel your pain my brother. The ceiling fan in our bedroom hasn't stopped since we've lived here, except for cleaning. For what it's worth, it does get better.

Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast