Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1737

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Our very own Barry is shipping my wheel stickers tomorrow. In the interest of maintaining current momentum, I'll post some pictures once they are installed. I expect to read of several ER visits due to exploding heads.
    let me know if they give any issues
    ||
    \_________________________________________________ _____________________/
    | |

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Will do.

Got the driver's Recaro installed, and it fits just the way I had hoped. All that's left is to attach the seat belt receiver, I have an idea about that.

'81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Barry comes through again:

Dropped my JR header off at the local welding place this morning, they cropped off the EGR tube completely as well as moved the O2 bung I'll be using for my wideband. Whoever put it on in the first place had it sitting at about the 11 o-clock position and with the MTX-L I'm using, the wire coming out of the unit would be rubbing on the tranny tunnel. Picked it up a little while ago, picture to come once I get it repainted.

Fabbed up the passenger seat brackets this morning. Picked up my valve adjustment shims, still have to get some fasteners for the seat belt receivers.

Painted the seat brackets last night/this morning. This morning I got both seats installed, everything fits and works except for the back release levers (due to interference with the seat belt receivers) but I don't need that anyway. Header was installed and torqued down, thank heavens for ratcheting wrenches as two of the bottom nuts are about impossible to tighten due to clearance issues with tubing. Moved valve shims around based on the readings I took previously, however when I measured the clearance after that some of them are still out of whack. I'll have to do those again. The rest of the day was spent removing shingles from the roof for installation of a new roof tomorrow. I am pretty beat right now.

Pictures of the header modifications:

EGR removal:
    O2 bung shift:

Worked on my son's Protege today. The second O2 bung on the AWR header broke completely off and it sounded like a ricer. Pulled the header and had a new bung welded on (only hard part was getting the EGR pipe loose, the rest was easy thanks to my using anti-seize when I had it all apart before), found out his two front exhaust hangers had split in two (he had already replaced the ones on the muffler) so we installed a couple of urethane ones I had lying around. Pulled out the little ding in the driver's front fender he did when pulling out of our garage a while ago. Finally tried to move the front lip back into position (his fiancee apparently tried to pull too close to a parking stopper) but couldn't remove the nuts to take the lip clear of the cover so we could get the mounting brackets off the bend them back. Pretty productive in that regard. Now, on to the Miata!

Took a while fighting with the valve lash, finally got them all in the ballpark. I have four that are over spec but better that than tight. I have to do some research to see what might be available to get them closer. Got the timing belt on and everything set correctly, put the front covers on and torqued up the crank pulley. That's enough for one day.

Edit: I forgot the most important thing done yesterday- the Miata was paid off! No car payments for the first time in a long time.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 08-23-2013 at 05:41 AM.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

feels good, man.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

She's alive! Roofers came back today (they had a scheduling change), I asked how much for them to take the shingles off the garage, the price was right so that freed me up. I was so happy when she fired up. Took a short shakedown run, still had light when I got home so washed her dirty ass. Going on a local Miata cruise tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.

Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast