Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

I'm so jealous you have so many Mazdas...
    Investing in a camera and taking some pictures of them all would be pretty cool Though I understand all the money goes towards mods...
    This one was a good read as well. I am loving these work threads and subscribing to every one!

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    Don't be jealous. It has taken me a long time to get here, and it helps that I hardly ever get rid of anything! The only reason I sold my Protege was because my wife said I could get a Miata if I did.

You are new here so don't know the story with me. Apparently it is a joke that I hardly post pics of my cars. I'm older so don't really feel the neeed to put up stuff in the 'net, plus I'd rather be out driving. We are planning on getting a reasonable DSLR, the wife needs something to take pictures of the grandson. Taking hot pictures of the cars is just an added bonus.

Hah! I bought my DSLR in advance of buying my car, because I knew automotive photography was a small hobby I'd like to try. That could've blown up in my face had I went out and bought a rusted 1989 Ford Truck or something...

My plan: Speed3 modded and paid off, buy a Spec Miata racer...and talk the 'someday wife' into driving an RX8!

Good plan. Feel free to use us as an example if you need to!

Got to drive the Miata Sunday before I left, which was nice. Was out to lunch with the wife before heading for the airport and I told her I would try not to buy anything for the cars until right before I came home (please note I specifically did not promise). She laughed and basically told me, yeah right! I was serious, but I also know (as does she) that I have this tendency to see good deals and go for them. I am just hoping I don't see anything until after the holidays.

Well, I've started already. Managed to be quick enough to beat the vultures on miata.net and scooped up an '05 tubular exhaust manifold for the Miata. I think the only thing that helped me was the holiday (I have previously missed out on a couple), and probably people are looking at buying for Christmas rather than for their cars. So that will be waiting for me when I get home. One thing to cross off the list I made just yesterday!

Uh, dude, I'm back on the ship. Mani is on its way to my house, several thousands of miles away. You'll just have to take Rob's place as the waiter!!

Haha, I know. Just had to mess with you a bit.

Everyone can do the same thing to me for 2 more weeks, then I should be home.

Yay, phen!

:looks at thread title:

Yay chief! Be careful out there.
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast