Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1747

Thread: What did Chief do to his Mazdas today?

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Let me know what you think of it! I'll be ordering it when I order me some Voodooz!
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Which flywheel did you get?
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Now with pictures, but not for you! chiefmg's Avatar
    13.5 pound, it's what they recommend for supercharged cars.
    '81 RX-7, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD.

Ordered up a battery for the Miata today. Best price I found was here: http://www.batteryweb.com/mazda-miata-batteries.cfm Bought the Westco since it has a higher rating. I have seen where some folks got one from O'Reilly's but when I searched their site online for the number, it didn't show up. I also considered getting the Marathon from Battery Mart, but the ad says it's an AGM type but the specs show it to be sealed lead-acid. I didn't want to chance it.

Decided that I should just go ahead and do the timing belt/water pump while I'm going to have everything apart, one less thing to worry about while I'm gone. Ordered that off eBay today, and picked up a tranny jack from Harbor Freight. After a small amount of running I found a local machine shop so dropped off the thermostat spacer to get it machined. I'll be drilling/tapping the holes for the temp sensor and heater connection myself once I get things in place and mocked up. Oh yeah, and I also ordered the female-male adapter in stainless I need to fix up the fuel lines properly.

Picked up the thermostat spacer today, it looks great. Unfortunately the shop that did the work only does the occasional job, they have enough other work that they don't even advertise. In any event at least I have that done. I'll post a picture tomorrow or so.

As promised:

Thermo spacer recess:

Thermo spacer:

So... why do you need a spacer for your t-stat?
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Coolant reroute. Putting it on the back side of the engine where it was originally designed to be. Since I don't want to pull the head I need the spacer to allow me to install the temp sensor and heater spigot.

aaaaaah, interesting. What reroute are you doing (ie: a specific kit?)? I really want to get that done on mine as well. It's better in all regards.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast