Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo_NB's Build Thread

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo_NB View Post
    it will be better than stock so its all goood
    Except that stock the car has excellent Bilstein dampers, which can be revalved to cope with some serious springs. Raceland dampers are garbage, and you probably can't even rebuild them.

The only thing "better" than stock about racelands is that you can adjust the ride height. Don't buy them expecting them to last, or to ride well. Expect a bouncy car.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

I dont have bilstein...jsut plain ole dampers, right now my brothers celica with 130k miles is a stiffer ride than the miata.

ApexiCone 5000k - K&N Typhoon :hitit:

Im not expecting anything amazing, I know what im getting. and I plan I getting better coilovers in the future, I just had 200 buck and wanted less wheel gap ^^.

Update for Judman, its 636 miles away in Mesquite TX

Nooooo, don't do it. Save the money

haha Im not worried. if anything I can give you a good impression of how they are for DD. and Judman can drive it and give you his input. We will be doing some butt dyno testing before and after install. Realistically the only people who have hardcore hated on these coilovers have never even seen them in person, they just go off of price tag ^^ but if you have noticed, in the past year they have gone from $180 to $300...They are using penetration pricing. Trust me im not on their band wagon, I think this will be a good opportunity to see what its like so thats how im going into this situation.

Well, thanks for the opportunity but I am getting BC's roughly the end of the month beginning of the next month IF they have them in stock. If not, I will be waiting a couple months. Ugh the agony of patience

But there is a guy selling H&R coil overs for 600 shipped and i think he is in your neck of the woods. Maybe you can ask for less if he is desperate. It wouldn't hurt asking to take off the shipping to drive to get them saving yourself another 75 to 80 bucks and offer him 500 picked up. Right there you just need 300 for decent suspension.

I frantic about it all day yesterday and read as much opinions about it as possible in a short day to pay for them today but I wanted a more aggressive suspension. Up to you just and giving you an opportunity.

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=35027
    Last edited by mini_FD; 08-12-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Thank lol. I am saving up for Tein Flex. I just needed something in the mean time

You have to get the edfc for the flex. Its just unbelievably sick controlling your ride height damper and what not from inside the car and not manually.

Administrator
    all you're controlling is the single damper adjustment on each corner, nothing more.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

yeah, I wish you could control the ride height, but unfortunately its just the damper stiffness

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast