Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The start and then i have to save the game

nice price i like but i like the touch screen that isnt flip out covering vents or anything else

welcome back!!

car looks good!

But i must say i think you're nuts wanting to spend that kind of money on a headunit. As said before, spend the money on speakers/amp and run a non-flashy headunit, or no headunit at all and have an aux. plug run to the amp for an ipod, phone, zune, etc

mine don't look flashy but they're worth 1/8 the value of teh car. lol

i've got a 400 watt amp powering the speakers, and my headunit looks like poo yet sounds good, but i don't have anyone wanting to rip it out

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Yeah man... you definitely shouldn't spend more than like a grand on a headunit for that car... not that I did or anything...

silly muscle car drivers

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    yea i dont even thing i want to drop money on a nice touch screen Headunit for the 3.
    ill save it for a valentine or something like that and just get a sub/amp/and door speakers
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Quote Originally Posted by SATimko View Post
    Yeah man... you definitely shouldn't spend more than like a grand on a headunit for that car... not that I did or anything...

and yet you have a touch screen dvd player in your car lol thats the one i was looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6 View Post
    yea i dont even thing i want to drop money on a nice touch screen Headunit for the 3.
    ill save it for a valentine or something like that and just get a sub/amp/and door speakers
    i already have a sub and amp but i wont use the sub. I'll ask john if he can help me wire the amp in with my speakers tom

where can i find a deal on the 3 rubber seals and the latches for the soft top around the window cuz i want to fix the leak i have on both sides because mazda is selling the two front seals for 130 each side and thats kind of hard to phathom. i do have a cloth top so its worth salvaging and not buying a new one that probably doesnt come with seals

onlinemazdaparts.com

Today we tackled putting in a CD deck John has given me for 125 and installed two sweet tweeters. Bet you can't guess where because they were too big. At first we found out that we were unable to fit the roided tweeter behind the door panel. We decided to cut some of the door but miscalculated the speaker face of the panel to the mount we were going to angle grind. Scratch that. We discussed mounting it on another area of the panel but I was hesitant to cut up the door and already asking how much door panels were if this went bad. Then I had an idea to mount it on the sides of the center console by the foot panels. I was hesitant about that too but Matt got this idea to do this and turned out great. see for your self

I decided to go with these at a place called Dedicated on 192 because they were 60 dollars and the sony tweets at best buy and dinky looking were 49

We had pulled up the carpet and John, with his angle grinder, cut with :master: precision and cut out two holes from my rusted deck panels.

We then took the card board piece that was holding the tweeter in the box and traced it on the carpet and cut two X's and folded the under rubber liner in and drilled the screws to hold in the tweeters to the carpet. We wire tucked the speaker wires under the center console and traced a rca cable for future ipod connection and brought it through the hole where the trunk switch is and gas tank lid switch. Pretty neat. The speakers sound amazing and loud!

Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast