Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: DemonIAm's "Not another damned MX-5" thread

my top is still hard to latch...sunny days reallllly healp though

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    Oh, and 2 of the VC bolts, on the front, are snapped off. How to remove, please?
    http://www.toolprice.com/c=YZtHb8xLP...spiraleasyout/

Oh, and 2 of the VC bolts, on the front, are snapped off. How to remove, please?
    If they're the front two they don't really matter. They just screw into the plastic cam cover. How to remove? Drill em out.

gracias, senor! I'll have to score a set.

Washed the car (and a good chunk of trunk paint ) off at the car wash. The car is going to need some hands-on TLC to remove the oil stains and stuff.

The new top leaks between the window, and the weatherproofing. Might need to add some filler into the strips, or order new ones.

Tony we sell those at Auto Zone. You'll need a bit and the easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6
    maybe you should think harder maybe your the one who should be in school if you cant correct my mistakes in your head

Excellent! need to pick up a fuel filter, anyways. Yay for drenching myself in gas!

WTF is this heavy-gauge multi-pin plug, behind the driver seat? Maybe a stereo cable?
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/...bd33dab777.jpg

The sealant on the temp sensor is broken.
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/...6dab5fb099.jpg
    With the front seal leaking and the crank pully wobbling, it sounds like you have the dreaded short nose crank issue on the early 1.6l motors. but if you're swapping the motor, not an issue.

The multi-pin plug looks like an aftermarket CD changer cable.

The coolant sensor in your hand is the sensor that control the fans. if it's broken, you could end up over heating because the fans will not turn on.

The 2 top bolts for the valve cover just hold in place the VC breather tube. Jeg is correct that they are not critical, but they do not go into the plastic timing gear cover. They're short.

Concrats on the purchase, they are addicting cars aint' they?
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

I just wanna buy them all!

Today's chores will be to replace the belt
    and buy
    New fan control sensor
    Fuel Filter
    Fresh oil/filter

One of the POs did a hack job with wiring whatever sound system he installed. The OE harness is butchered, there is "home speaker" wire running in to the doors. And all the antenna wire has been pulled into the trunk. What an effing mess. Guess I'll have to custom rig whatever I decide to install for music.
    Last edited by DemonIAm; 03-25-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Effing Idler pulley, I hate you so hard! Just loosen, so I can get this belt on and go.

PO had the wrong belt in the trunk, so I took half of the car apart for nothing. That sucked.

New spark plugs installed, the old ones are hella-gross.

Fuel Filter installed, no gas in any orifices this time, Yay! This car did not have a fuel filter cover on it, like the 93. I HIGHLY recommend clamping the upper fuel line with a small pair of vise grips. Otherwise, the gas just keeps leaking. And Rags, lots of them.

Put the first tank of gas in it, along with some Lucas Fuel system cleaner.
    Last edited by DemonIAm; 03-25-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaTurbo View Post
    The 2 top bolts for the valve cover just hold in place the VC breather tube. Jeg is correct that they are not critical, but they do not go into the plastic timing gear cover. They're short.
    Well, atleast I was right about the important part lol. I haven't looked at the car enough to know exactly where every bolt goes and what it goes into but I did know they didn't do much more than hold that hard vac line in place. I thought they might have held the plastic in place too but guess not :P

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast