Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: D Prepared Build Thread

Looking forward to watching this build progress!

Got the steering wheel and an adapter I need for the quick-release I'm getting in. The quick-release and hub have been ordered, so I should have complete pictures of that setup soon (probably by the end of the week)

Mmmm, Italian goodness.

~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Is that suede, perforated leather then normal leather all on the same wheel??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proteges are exciting, you never know when a rod will be emancipated - DaftIntrovert

that is a really interesting steering wheel man. very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Judman13 View Post
    Is that suede, perforated leather then normal leather all on the same wheel??
    lol yeah, Suede on the top, perforated leather on the middle, and 'regular' leather on the bottom. Don't ask why, that's how it's made. It was bought used because a) it's a good wheel and b) it was cheap lol
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    lol yeah, Suede on the top, perforated leather on the middle, and 'regular' leather on the bottom. Don't ask why, that's how it's made. It was bought used because a) it's a good wheel and b) it was cheap lol
    fancy pants.

(i love it)
    roadster love.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Adding lightness makes you faster everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    I was just making sure my eyes did not deceive me. I really like the build and style of it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proteges are exciting, you never know when a rod will be emancipated - DaftIntrovert

I finally found a style of 'hood pin' that I don't hate, and that doesn't cost a friggin fortune. I was planning on using the aerocatch hood latches, but they're like $120+ for a pair, so that wasn't ideal by any means, but it was better than most styles of hood pins. Don't ask why, I've just never liked the tethered or untethered kind, just seem too fiddley for whatever reason, too easy to lose parts or scratch paint with them.

Then I saw these on a buddy's car this weekend:

They're captive, which I really like, and I save about $100 / set over the aerocatches, so these are on the way. 1 more weight reduction upgrade set (hood latch + catch + cable = outta here). Except in red, because I'm a closet ricer.

For anyone remotely interested, search e-bay for Sparco Hood Pins and you'll find these

Quote Originally Posted by Judman13 View Post
    I was just making sure my eyes did not deceive me. I really like the build and style of it!!
    Cool, glad you like it
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Nice. I just came upon this thread. How much were the wheels?

-Gut the dash (eventually remove it and replace with a light 'cover')
    When I got rid of Kluge, I kept the dash. I gutted it completly of the metal frame and now it's just a plastic shell. Only weighs a couple of pounds. I'd recommend when the cage goes in to make a bracket/mount for the gauges to mount on the 'dash bar' instead of the dash itself since it is so flimzy that it will vibrate all over when you're racing.

-The carbon canister for the evap system (any reason should keep that?)
    Nope, unless you want to be a green racer.. Are you going with an aftermarket ECU or is that not allowed?
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast