Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to connect chip on DITD?

Question How to connect chip on DITD?

hello..

I have a slight problem..

I have some chip (box) which I can't get working. I don't have any manual. Pretty fckd up.

Under the hood I connected two wires, one on the blue wire on the spill valve, and the other on the plenum (mass). And I'm sure this is ok, because if I connect it on the black wire on the valve, the engine stops running, and it warns me with ''check engine'' lamp.

I still have three wires coming out of the chip box..

Gray (I persume signal), red (supply +12V) and black (mass).

Now, in some manual which I found on the net, there says:

ENGINES WORKING WITH THE NIPPON-DENSO PUMP
    Take off the engine cover.
    Find the fuel pump.
    Connect the fused black cable to the signal line of the fuel pump.
    Connect the yellow cable to the signal line of the acceleration pedal or the airflow metre. Connect the red cable to the positive battery post and the black cable to the negative battery post.
    Well, on my DITD ECU (Denso RF4D-18-881), the acceleration pedal signal is positioned on the smallest connector (in the centre) - the brown-yellow wire (PIN 14), and the contact signal of the key slot (lock) is positioned on the right, middle by size connector - the black-blue wire (PIN 11)..

I connected that gray wire from the chip on that brown-yellow wire, and the red wire on the black-blue wire. My electrician told me that is should have power immediately I start the engine, not all the time.

What I did wrong? Maybe does it have to be connected on the airflow metre?

I have no idea who is the manufacturer of that chip, and I didn't get any instructions when I bought it (used part) because the mecanic who was deinstalling that chip out of the same car as mine forgot to draw me a scheme. Good for him lol. I only know that it should gain cca 18HP and 60-65Nm and was bought in Austria, Graz.

Does anybody knows how to connect this chip, please?
    Last edited by killuminati; 12-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Zdravo bivši zemljače, dobrodošao u TMF

What kind of "chip" is this anyway? Tell us a little more about it, because there really isn't any such thing available for the Protege.. not in the US at least. All we have are engine management units that allow you to change the air/fuel ratio, timing and such. But most "chips" that are advertised to give you 10-20HP are simply garbage and none of us would recommend installing one on your vehicle as it will likely cause more harm than good.

Sorry I wasn't of more help, but I just want to make sure you don't install junk on your beloved Mazda.

zdravo, zdravo, duže sam ja već ovdje, samo više-manje lurkam, provjeri moj sig ako već nisi..

it should be ordinary piggyback unit for turbo diesel, with preset parameters, those kind of boxes are called V-VP..

they basically intercept data sent from ecu to fuel pump and change parameters.. they actually add more fuel and that's pretty it.. it is not a fine tuning such SA units, I'm aware, but this ain't a point right now.. anyway thanks..

here you can read more..

http://www.chip-it-performance.co.uk...-manual_EN.pdf

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieFox View Post
    Tell us a little more about it, because there really isn't any such thing available for the Protege.. not in the US at least..
    He has a turbodiesel
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Quote Originally Posted by killuminati View Post
    it should be ordinary piggyback unit for turbo diesel, with preset parameters, those kind of boxes are called V-VP..

they basically intercept data sent from ecu to fuel pump and change parameters.. they actually add more fuel and that's pretty it.. it is not a fine tuning such SA units, I'm aware, but this ain't a point right now.. anyway thanks..

here you can read more..

http://www.chip-it-performance.co.uk...-manual_EN.pdf
    Ok, got it.. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't one of those eBay chip deals that does absolutely nothing

By the way, siggy no worky..

Oggie, tell him in Croatian that he needs to quit modding that vehicle and start gutting the drivetrains and importing them to us here.

p.s. Also tell him that Mirko Filopovic is THE MAN!! (mirko cro-cop).
    "Tonight we're gonna have 'run what you brung and pray to Satan you brung enough' cause Jesus don't like slow shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Matty P View Post
    Oggie, tell him in Croatian that he needs to quit modding that vehicle and start gutting the drivetrains and importing them to us here.

Matty.. He speaks and understands English.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieFox View Post
    Ok, got it.. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't one of those eBay chip deals that does absolutely nothing

By the way, siggy no worky..
    I've fixed the link..

Quote Originally Posted by Super Matty P View Post

you don't know what are you missing on the USDM without diesel, so the chance to stop modding my tractor are equal to zero..

we can make a deal, I'll send you RFT, you send me FS-DET..

and Mirko was the man, sorry to say that..

does anybody has the solution for my problem?
    Last edited by killuminati; 12-09-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Ok, so there is 5 wires total right?

Blue - To spill valve
    Yellow? - Ground
    Gray - Signal
    Red - Power
    Black - Ground

Before I can even suggest anything, I need to ask you a couple questions to better understand this little gizmo. What is a spill valve? Part of the fuel pump? I've never heard of that before.. sorry. Are you soldering the connections or using the quick splicers?

FYI, in the US mass is referred to as ground instead. Just figured I would let you know in case you tried posting on other forums.. not everyone will make the connection right away
    Last edited by KrayzieFox; 12-09-2009 at 06:11 PM.

yes, mass or ground or zero (negative pole), all meaning the same.. uzemljenje..

yes, I do have MAF, located on the air-box.. (look at page no. 35 in this mazda_diesel.doc)

HERE you can read more about Denso pump and Mazda turbo-diesel engine like I have..

another yes, there are actually 5 wires, but two of them are ground..

engine compartment - black for the SPV signal on the fuel pump, the other black for the ground (grounded on the plenum; intake manifold)..

interior, legs compartment - ECU - red (supply +12V), gray (I persume signal), black (ground)..

but look at this again.. I counted four wires.. persume only that the yellow is gray in my case..

Connect the fused black cable to the signal line of the fuel pump.
    Connect the yellow cable to the signal line of the acceleration pedal or the airflow metre. Connect the red cable to the positive battery post and the black cable to the negative battery post.
    now about the spill valve..

SPV – Solenoid Spill Valve
    Highly pressure resistant and responsive, the solenoid spill valve is a direct-acting
    solenoid valve that controls the injection volume. When the solenoid spill valve
    opens, the highly pressurised fuel in the plunger returns to the pump chamber, ending
    the injection of fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast