Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So there haven't been any supercharger kits for the 3's yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6 View Post
    and you do understand that? damn ai ntake and header are hardcore.

And im pretty sure i havent had the oppertunity to do anything to a car considering im not allowed

wait till i get my 2 next year
    Then don't criticize. You may think differently when you pay for everything yourself.

Gnate, the fact you are looking into this bigof a mod is admirable. I would doa lot of research like you are already doing. One thing to consider, get an MS3 powertain and doing a swap. It has been done before. Total sleeper option, IMO.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'd want to get the LSD too... So many ideas to keep me from sleeping at night

I don't want to get anybody too excited in thinking I'll be getting a s/c anytime soon, I just looked around on here and the rest of the internets and didn't find too much about em. I don't know too much about these motors and how they hold up on the long haul, but s/c is definitely something I will be considering down the road. My honda f22 was still running strong as ever at 141,xxx, but my front end suspension was shot to shit... That's why I purchased the newer 3 as opposed to blowing money on undefined repairs for a 12 year old car. And I must say I'm still really glad I made this decision!

If I hit big on a scratch ticket soon though, i'll post vids after install. haha
    Last edited by Gnate; 11-21-2009 at 09:09 PM.

A bit late, but I'm interested in seeing any mods you may do to your 3...

...as well as seeing regular 3's put asshole MS3 owners in their places. No one on here, but you know what I mean.

I was interested in the SC until the price came out. I probably would have picked it up immediately if it was 2.5-3k or so. Instead I'll chill with what I have and keep saving up.

Blog Entries
    I looked more into the s/c kit. The comparable Jackson racing s/c kit for a honda k20z3 engine (06+ si) is 3,700. and it gives 70HP increase. This heeds 50-55 WHP for $300 less. That's really not all that bad if you look at it from that angle.

Video of f2 supercharger on 04-06 mz3!! The sound of the spool down is great.

http://www.youtube.com/v/NqRpF4XnL2M&h

furthermore

As quoted by F2's website "Long term driving showed an increase of fuel economy of +4 mpgs while cruising, if you can control your right foot."
    Last edited by Gnate; 01-15-2010 at 09:32 PM.

man,
    id love to supercharge my 3, but 3200 is a bit too steep for me... all that money and youd be around 190-200 at the wheels

I considered supercharging but all that money for not much power. Thats why I mod my 3 realizing that its not going to make big power just be fun to drive. The quote reminds me of what Levi told me when I got my intake "it'll get better gas mileage but thats only if you're not addicted to hearing it"

LOL...

yeah, ill stick to my NA build... since i think its been working pretty well, lol

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    LOL...

yeah, ill stick to my NA build... since i think its been working pretty well, lol
    Yeah about that......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast