Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My new project!

lol, that sea turtle bumper sticker is sooo gay though :P

Oh, and the dude soooo didn't wanna sell his Miata... he has a second kid on the way and their van broke down and his gf drives a 98 Protege that needs work too. They needed the money more than the Miata, funny thing is he must have just paid it off last month because the title says it was given on 10/02/09 and previous was 2005.
    "Failure is the mother of success."

You are prolly going to need new main seals. mine are leaky, but it's more a minor annoyance, right now. Supposedly the front one can be done during the timing belt phase. not sure on the rear

Hmm, well I'll see whats all leaking when I get the motor out. I'm hoping its just the oil pan but there is oil up on the VC and some on the side of the block. Heck... if it needs a new motor then it needs a new motor, just one more thing to add to the list.

You could strip it?

I'll do the painting and you can rebuild the motor! lol
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

lol, whatever you wanna do :P

Oh, and I was thinking... since I'm already gonna have to bondo the hell outa this thing... shave the door handles? I dunno how all that works but I can't put the key in the door anyways since I only have half of a key... unless somehow I can get the other half out of the ignition and get a new key made?

Ew no. Keep em.
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

I dunno, just thinking lol.

There are pleanty more things to be done first!

I you wanna go crazy with it, why not? Ttop's gonna be down most of the time, just reach in and open the doors.. I'd do a weld-in piece though, not full bondo.

I would also look into removing the body line and the lower rock guard stuff. Sand and fill with kitty hair/bondo.

nice find, and ill be more then happy to lend you a helping whenever i get down there.

No job yet... So lots of free time lol, wish my dam RX7 could come with me.

so what are you future motor plans... NA, turbo, or supercharged?
    IS THIS PITTSPEED? :(

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    I you wanna go crazy with it, why not? Ttop's gonna be down most of the time, just reach in and open the doors.. I'd do a weld-in piece though, not full bondo.

I would also look into removing the body line and the lower rock guard stuff. Sand and fill with kitty hair/bondo.
    Yeah, most likely will. Probably not on the handles though, I was just thinking about it since the key hole is useless right now. I can't lock the car and its just going to be a track car anyways, right now I have no plans to street it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatti03msp View Post
    nice find, and ill be more then happy to lend you a helping whenever i get down there.

No job yet... So lots of free time lol, wish my dam RX7 could come with me.

so what are you future motor plans... NA, turbo, or supercharged?
    Eventually... maybe turbo or blower, but most likely not on this motor. Oh, and ya can help if ya want!

Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast