Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: roy's first miata

roy's first miata

Well, I finally have it in my garage, cozy next to the p5. I think it has been almost a full year since I started looking at them. Though the wait paid off, as I got a killer deal on a low-mileage clean car. So it's a 1995 black (i believe) base model. When I started looking, I really didn't care for the hardtops, but in time, I grew to like them. Though I doubt I'll run it much in the nicer months. There are a few issues that I need to fix first. The top is completely trashed. It needs brakes. Not sure exactly what my plans are, suspension is probably near the top of my list. Also some better tires and wheels. I'm going to try to keep from doing much cosmetic stuff, doesn't help performance. What still amazes me is how fun a stockish miata can be. Don't have any shots of my own, went to get some and just ended up driving till it was dark.

are you grinning like an idiot wile driving, too

i still do

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Woot
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Yay!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proteges are exciting, you never know when a rod will be emancipated - DaftIntrovert

Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post

i still do
    Every time, man.

So last night I swapped the panasonic with no faceplate for a mazda radio from a 626. It was about ten screws and easy peasy. The speakers in the car are junk, it sounds like the passenger side is blown as well.

So I am looking for recommendations on brake pads and rotors. Also for a soft top. I think at some point I may want a roll bar, may as well be sure any tops I consider will fit over it. I should get some more pics later today as well.

Score good sir!

I still grin like a goofball too! lol And I"m on blown struts!

For the top, see if there is a miata salvage yard near you, otherwise, just go with a new robbins top

as to brakes, i'll be waiting for an answer too as i'm 99% sure one of the rotors are mine are warped, as it pulses.

i am tempted to toss an OEM unit in my headunit too, but, after remembering how much better the aftermarket made even the stock speakers sound, i've just left the crap sony in

Either way, GET PICS! and congrats!!

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

i still do
    I'm on my 3rd Miada, and after 8+ years, still grinning.
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

So nice score on the car.

As far as pads, there is an opinion for every driver out there. I just put a set of Hawk HP pads last week. They are light duty track pads, but what i really like about them is how good they bite when cold. I've also ran Green Stuff pads, and they were good too. As to the rotors, get stock replacements for a street car. if you want to step it up, you can get some slotted rotors. I had a set of Powerslots and they saw a lot of track time with no issues.

For the soft top, get a plastic window since it's most compatible with all the roll bars out there. The frame itself is not an issue.
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

I got my PRB Ults (same thing as Axxis Ultamates) at getcoolparts.com for $60ish shipped. I've had them for about 4 months, along with my new rotors (slotted/drilled rotors from DRTracing on ebay). Great stopping power, no noise, but hella dusty.

Great stopping power, no noise, but hella dusty.
    Then I can have dark wheels, no painting!

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast