Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: roy's first miata

Congrats Roy! I'll take a look tonight so I can check out the pics.

re: front tags.

My interpretation/experience is that if there is no bracket, you can't mount the plate [knock on wood] i haven't had a front tag in the last 6 years. I even got stopped for doing something stupid (like jail-time stupid), the officer walked to the front of the car, looked at the bumper and said nothing.
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

Ohio is a front plate state. P5, I got pulled over 3x for it. MSM, not a single one and I've done some stuff I shouldn't have. Not really speeding as much as it's been having a little too much fun. Find a windshield from PA, install it, and you're good to go. PA has inspection stickers. Tell the officer that the car came from PA and has no mounts.

Looks good Roy!

And sounds like Phen has been up to some no-good research. lol

Yeah, I just don't know about how well that will work here in Missouri...So I passed both inspections today, wasn't really worried but you never know. I wanted to get plates by the weekend, but I am going out of town tomorrow. Sometime very soon, I want to get rotors+pads on and some general maintenance, fluids, belts, etc. I am mostly learning as I go, not that any of this stuff is too hard. Plus I have a mechanic buddy who will come hang out whenever. I should probably also do the timing and water pump, as I have no record they were done on time. Though it is non interference, soo...

Anyway, I need to make a list of what I need to do on both cars, then I will actually be able to keep track and do them. Any input is always appreciated.

From what i've been told, while doing maintinance, go ahead and drain/remove the radiator if you're gonna be doing a full refresh

plus it makes getting at the belts sooo much easier

so i've been told

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Quote Originally Posted by mx-p5 View Post
    From what i've been told, while doing maintinance, go ahead and drain/remove the radiator if you're gonna be doing a full refresh

plus it makes getting at the belts sooo much easier

so i've been told
    it does. So does lowering the front sway bar (just pull the 4 bolts on the subframe and the brackets and it'll drop down out of the way. It sort of impinges on access to the crank pulley's bolts / the crank nose bolt.

Then again maybe it's just because I've got a monstrous 1 1/8" front sway bar... (28.5mm...)
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

i am sooooo affraid to mess with that stupid crank pulley. . . and crank nose bolt

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Step 1: torque wrench.
    Step 2: blue loc tite
    Step 3: beer.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

yeah, but i don't wanna bust up that key or bend the crank or any of the other horror stories that require a new motor

I still gotta do the research to see if i have a short nose, pretty sure all 90's did though

Protege to MX-5 lineage

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast