Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: roy's first miata

yep. I have yet to regret the pads or rotors. They hold strong, too strong for my balding tires, for sure. And the price/service with getcoolparts.com is top notch.

So I really like the seven (I think) spoked stockers. However, I am sure unless I get them for next to nothing, I should just go with something aftermarket. Tell me it's not worth it.

Well one decent photo from today.

It's hard to tell, but I need to get a set of matching turn signal bulbs. Plus, it has a towing rack in the front bumper I need to remove.

Administrator
    you need to yank on the headlights covers too so that they're flush with the hood.. happens on mos/all NAs it seems

The hollow spoke wheels are pretty cool, and they're inexpensive enough that they're worth buying if you find a set in good shape IMO. A set of them used is basically the price of cheapo knockoff wheels of unknown quality and heavy weight. amaff's 6ULs would look killer too
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Yeah, I kind of wanted to try and trade straight up tires+wheels from one of the used dealers around. Do you think they would go for that? And I think amaff sold his, but I do want some eventually.

Get that front license plate bracket off, if your state does not require it's use. Or you can find plenty of nicer alternatives.

What are you referring to as a tow rack? iIf it's an aftermarket tow hook, I'd leave it on. Actually, I'd take it off, paint it red, (or yellow), then put it back on. Never know when you might need it. Wish I had one when I wrecked.

Good purchase, dude. Are you still on the stock shocks, or had they been replaced at some point?

It's a rack someone used to pull it behind their RV or something. If it were a tow hook, I would be stoked...prob eventually get a pair. We need to have our plates on front as well, but I was thinking on a JDM style bracket to the side. Though the bumper is pretty messed up where the plate was for all those years. I will get better shots showing these issues. And I do believe the dampers are original, they are a bit bouncy. I need to decide springs before struts.

oh, I gotcha now!

All I know is, it's extra weight!

Administrator
    the good thing is if you want an offset front license plate, the factory "baby teeth" mount at the edges of the grille so you have a perfect place to mount a bracket for your plate
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

yeah, if you HAVE to have a plate, use the baby teeth spot. Looks pretty slick compared to smack in the middle

as to turn signal bulbs, i got a set of clear ones if you want. Not as bright as the orange ones though. . .

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast