Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: buying a new project car

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    yea he is he tried to get dsl but got denied
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

carrier pigeon??
    "Tonight we're gonna have 'run what you brung and pray to Satan you brung enough' cause Jesus don't like slow shit."

I dont always bro, but when I do... Tungsten6's Avatar
    Si lol
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Technology Package
    JBR 88 Duro RMM/JBR Shifter Bushings/JBR Shifter Weight/Corksport Stage 2 SRI/Cobb APv2/Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

So a little further update....nothing much has changed EXCEPT I just found out that certain 04-05 Mazda 3's and 5's use fully electric ps pumps. I've since sourced a couple of used pumps and will be purchasing these instead of Toyota units. They are identical in price but they will all be Mazda parts.

Now, I have to convince the wife to let me spend $560 to purchase the last of my parts for this build. This will net me all the stuff I need to have the car running WITHOUT the supercharger. The reason for this is I'll be able to get a set of 3 dyno pulls WITHOUT the blower but WITH the header, lack of ps pump, new colling system, msp ecu, etc. This way when I bolt the blower back on the car and re-dyno you can see exactly how much power the blower ALONE makes. After that I'll continue to mod the car with a full exhaust, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades and countless intake mods (gutted stock manifold, P&P head+intake mani, j-spec NA cams). Then we'll see where we stand. I'm expecting pretty decent power without those upgrades but I'd like to see where I can go with it before needing new rods.
    "Tonight we're gonna have 'run what you brung and pray to Satan you brung enough' cause Jesus don't like slow shit."

You're gonna want to dyno it with the stock ECU I think. Wouldn't it run very rich without the blower? I know why you want to but I'm not sure it would be a realistic reflection since anyone who boosts a Protege will be switching to the MS ecu or using a Haltech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten6
    maybe you should think harder maybe your the one who should be in school if you cant correct my mistakes in your head

the MSP ecu only adds fuel when it sees boost from the MAP sensor. It may richen up a LITTLE upon throttle tip in but it'll be just fine. Maybe I'll just purchase a second ecu and do them both back to back just to compare.

*update*

I've been out of it for a while after having some nasty shoulder surgery. Well I'm not anywhere near up to snuff yet but I'm continuing to buy some more parts to start piecing everything together. I'd like some input.

I'm going to be using an aftermarket (cheap) honda civic half radiator in place of the stock P5 radiator. This is so I can move the blower further away from the block to clear the water neck. The majority of the radiators I'm finding are about $65shippped for a single row. I'm wondering how you guys would feel about putting a single row core on a P5 w/ boost as opposed to a 2row core. Keep in mind this isn't a turbo car with crazy underhood temps. The last kit was barely above ambient after several hard boosted runs so I'm not expecting to compensate for additional heat...just what I need to keep the engine in check.

What do you guys think?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516