Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahk's 2004 MSM Build

Administrator
    ^^ my same thoughts. 14-15k.

The car is definitely "worth" more to me, at least at an emotional level. If it's just going to be a fun project/toy car, why even bother with the MSM though? If I was buying a car today I would buy a 90-94 instead of my MSM, I just feel like I'm wasting it by it sitting in the garage all week.

Instead of 15k you can spend 3-5k, have 95% of the fun (some, myself included, would argue that a non-turbo Miata is more fun than an MSM), and then even if you spend 5k on suspension and non-turbo mods you still saved a big chunk of change.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MSM. They're seriously awesome cars. Not really worth modding much, as Mazda got a decent number of things right. A nice amount of power, but not too much. Handles well, but the suspension isn't harsh (IMO). It's a nice package.

Another thought, is this a rust-free car? Like seriously not even surface rust on the underbody? Then I'd say 15k is ok.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Quote Originally Posted by SATimko View Post
    Mark.... first of all, what color?

I'd go as high as 15 for that many miles. That's about it.
    color, prob red, black, winning blue (i know that might be an issue with a MSM)
    Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    ^^ my same thoughts. 14-15k.

The car is definitely "worth" more to me, at least at an emotional level. If it's just going to be a fun project/toy car, why even bother with the MSM though? If I was buying a car today I would buy a 90-94 instead of my MSM, I just feel like I'm wasting it by it sitting in the garage all week.

Instead of 15k you can spend 3-5k, have 95% of the fun (some, myself included, would argue that a non-turbo Miata is more fun than an MSM), and then even if you spend 5k on suspension and non-turbo mods you still saved a big chunk of change.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MSM. They're seriously awesome cars. Not really worth modding much, as Mazda got a decent number of things right. A nice amount of power, but not too much. Handles well, but the suspension isn't harsh (IMO). It's a nice package.

Another thought, is this a rust-free car? Like seriously not even surface rust on the underbody? Then I'd say 15k is ok.
    you're prob right...get an older model, save some cash, but i liked the idea of "factory turbo", not that it's the "be all end all", but i've been through the aches and pains of modding with after market parts, i really don't want to do that again. i love a trubo'd car.....? thanks for all the input folks....i'm gonna look at some NA's with lower miles and see what's out there....i'll report back with my findings...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The reason I asked the color is because some of them are a lot rarer than others.

4 colors on the MSM
    Velocity Red
    Titanium
    Black Mica
    Lava Orange.

The latter two being only available in 05 (with the other two) making them harder to find. The Lava Orange is more rare than Spicy as there are only around 380 in that color. Who knows how many are left.

Lava Orange is the only one I'd buy. I still wish I bought the one when I had a chance.
    I work hard, and play harder. OK, I don't work that hard, but I still play hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --------------------------__\
    | Miada Parts ..............[]|'[];\,__
    |_...._....__________===|=| |__|
    "(@)'(@)""""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

I almost bought a Lava Orange one. They were being price-assholes.

When I went to the dealer, the battery was dead in the LO one they had. Kid couldn't find a jump box and I said I'd be back tomorrow. Never made it back. But if I did drive it, who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unless the price is REAL right on a msm... i'm probably going to look at an na a few yrs old, not more that 4 yrs old, southern car for sure or one for this area that has real low miles and wasn't driven winters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    unless the price is REAL right on a msm... i'm probably going to look at an na a few yrs old, not more that 4 yrs old, southern car for sure or one for this area that has real low miles and wasn't driven winters...
    a few years old? The youngest NA is going to be 12 years old..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MiaTurbo View Post
    a few years old? The youngest NA is going to be 12 years old..
    haha...naturally aspirated!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well i'm happy to report the purchase of my new baby, an 04 msm, with 27k miles. what a ride! the fun begins.....

wish i could post some pics for you all but i kept getting security token issue??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast