Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Got me a FC

Got me a FC

Well i finally found me a great deal that i just couldnt pass up.

1986 RX-7 5 speed - base model - 66k

The cost - a set of rims and drag radials.

Its a lil rough on the outside but nothing too major and the interior is spotless.

Only need a new fuel pump and ill be cruising around in a 13b

Any help tips would be greatly appreciated.

A few things on the list

Tune Up - Whats all involved? Rotary noob
    Exhaust - its rusted and there are no tips going to the bumper
    Fuel Pump - Spooledupracing has that covered
    Body work and Paint job - thinking of going with a flat white

and of course more but those are the major things.
    IS THIS PITTSPEED? :(

nice project!

for the tune up just get the proper NGK plugs and wires and a fresh fuel filter. No telling how nasty that fuel is in the tank.

Also, a nice cheap ebay cone filter and adapter will help a lot. I also did away with the fan clutch and just used a FAL slim fan. Cools better all the time and less drag on the engine.
    "Tonight we're gonna have 'run what you brung and pray to Satan you brung enough' cause Jesus don't like slow shit."

welcome to the rotary family.

first things first, the rotary isn't really that much different than a boinger when it comes to tune-ups. it does have 4 spark plugs and 4 injectors for only 2 rotors, but it is still internal combustion. fluids, filters, plugs (ngk is the gold standard for rotary), wires, and some other general maintenance depending on how deep you want to go.

some things to check for;
    fuel leaks on the front of the top fuel rail (bad pulsation damper), not burning any oil or burning too much (bad omp), issues with becoming flooded after being ran and stopped for a few minutes (leaky injector), and a few others that escape me right now. other than that, there really aren't that many differences with rotary and piston. work confidently.

for the exhaust, don't cheap out on a replacement. a rotary can melt a cheap exhaust or cheap cats. that, itself, could be a sign of running rich.

dave is a great guy to get parts from. one of my personal friends and i am a customer of his as well.

body work; do yourself a favor and cut your cock off and flush it down the toilet. that will be a lot easier and less painful than trying to lay a flat white paint job. white shows all and you can't cover your mistakes with flat paint. i have laid many paint jobs, including one flat white job on my friend's bike. i put about 4-5 times more work into it and still had a friend lay some pin striping down to cover a few of my blemishes. if you had all new body panels, it would be a little different. i can't recommend flat white to anyone after my experience, but it might be worth the trouble in the end.

all in all, enjoy your rotary. you will never own a boinger like it.
    My name is Wes, i am a boost addict.

convert it to electric and put some torque in that hoss.
    "Tonight we're gonna have 'run what you brung and pray to Satan you brung enough' cause Jesus don't like slow shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Matty P View Post
    convert it to electric and put some torque in that hoss.
    Where'd that banhammer go??? :P
    - The man from Nantucket.

Quote Originally Posted by izackary View Post
    Where'd that banhammer go??? :P
    kansei hasnt found the thread yet, hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_ag View Post
    you hold those balls pretty well. like you're a natural. like your hands were meant to hold balls
    http://alexcited.mybrute.com

come on now...I own an FC and I'm planning an electric conversion on it currently.

Nothing wrong with improving!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Matty P View Post
    come on now...I own an FC and I'm planning an electric conversion on it currently.

Nothing wrong with improving!
    Dammit, HURRY UP!!
    - The man from Nantucket.

hurry up? Shit. I don't have the cash to move forward. I just opened my own business last year, moving to a new city soon and the economy is in the toilet.

It'll happen, just need more time and money.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast