Thread: MS6 Injectors

MS6 Injectors

When I go to upgrade a MS6 turbo, Will the fuel system support the larger turbo, or will it top out on the stock turbo?

Turbo in question

Yes it will be seeing max boost.

Yes the I am building the bottom end as we speak, fuel system is my concern.

http://www.streetunit.com/ATP_GT3071...tp-ms6-005.htm

Tho I can't give a "for sure" reply, going with the 3071, it would be a good idea to up the fuel system. Better to have too much than not enough to be safe.

if you don't have an upgraded fuel pump yet - you better buy one NOW.
    This is not even an option. You have to have an upgraded fp.

Injectors aren't a must ... no one maxed those out yet, even a guy with 35r.

What do you mean by "building bottom end?"

hmm...

I sure hope he has the supporting drivetrain mods...

I'm thinking the only weak point in the drive train is the clutch?

And yes, Pauter rods and wiseco pistons.

I'll order a pump right now.

for sure. the pump will be the first thing to hit full capacity in most any fuel system. i assume that this will be a stand-alone ecu job here? i don't see stock management supporting that turbo well
    My name is Wes, i am a boost addict.

barricade,

please do some serious lurking on mazda6club forums.

1. you have to have engine mounts and diff mount.
    2. left rear axle WILL break on you, whether you like it or not - upgraded on is still being developed and on v2 right now.
    3. our clutch isn't all that bad... but if you are planning on going more than 400hp - then you might want to look into ACT racing clutches and a lightweight flywheel. They have a decent combo going on right now.

also, as a helpful misc item, get a stage 2 short shifter with bushings from TWM. You'll definitely want that.

Quote Originally Posted by wes.pro5 View Post
    for sure. the pump will be the first thing to hit full capacity in most any fuel system. i assume that this will be a stand-alone ecu job here? i don't see stock management supporting that turbo well
    well, there are only two places that do full ECU flash right now, one is in italy, another one is in ukraine. Both need serious work and there is no "set it and forget it" option.
    Best choice for BT right now is CPe standback. You get the most tuning out of that piece.

He is equiped with a Unichip, He was speaking to them yesterday and they had said, leave the tune as it is.

Im not entirely inclined to beleive it in my past experiance with my own msp.

Motor mounts are on order, I did not know about the diff mount, I will have that installed asap.

yea, tune will HAVE to be modified... there is no plugNplay when you f* with your engine that much.