Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Welcome Thread (and Thanks)

Updated Welcome Thread (and Thanks)

Now that we're well underway and we've partnered with a few organizations, I'd like to create a new/updated Welcome Announcement!

First off, I'd like to say
    Thanks to Focus and Kansei-

Kansei has been behind much (if not all) of the graphics and layout behind the forum. I (and maybe a few of you here) take advantage of his services... and he hasn't complained (well, besides finals or something haha jk man) and he's made MANY changes and always has been able to make sure our uptime is better than "some other place" (that is currently down, btw)... so THANKS KANSEI. I hope I make it to Carlisle so I can buy you a beverage of your choice (since you don't drink beer... like me)

and THANKS Focus! He was behind the transitions from our old, slow, somewhat outdated server to a new speedy creature (I think he created it?). ALL files and database files were transferred successfully (so far) and he didn't ask for anything for it (yet haha, thanks again)... He gave me some more storage than I had too, so maybe we can get a little bit more conservative with uploads/etc... who knows. Also Focus was a big contributor to the forum and helped us by getting our first site sponsor (BallerVision) so again thanks for that...

We have a great team of Administrators, and we're here day in and out (and we aren't invisible) so feel free to PM any of us with issues or concerns.

I'm going to try and get some more site sponsors and vendors on here, and remember- whatever fees or donations will be fully used for the site and disclosed. I'm hoping we can get some more donations going to make vinyl, sponsor events, etc.

(Perhaps in the future, we can say that every contributing member receives free site vinyl graphics... that'd be AWESOME... stay tuned).

Anyway, cliff notes- we're getting more established, thanks to those who are here everyday to make this a great place- thanks to the members- we're nothing without you! Lets spread the word about this place!

-Patrick
    Title: Just a normal Mazda owner like you!

By the way, if you feel good about this place and would like to donate, you may send donations via PayPal to pdhaudio83 (at) gmail.com
    At some point we'll display what you've all donated.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pdhaudio83 View Post
    Perhaps in the future, we can say that every contributing member receives free site vinyl graphics... that'd be AWESOME... stay tuned
    dude it's like you read my mind. I was thinking how awesome it would be to work it out so it was like "donate $10 to the forum get a free themazdaforum.com decal" or "donate $30 or more and get a free themazdaforum.com tshirt" or something like that. I think giving people something concrete to say thanks for their donations would be a great way to help get people to donate. Of course proceeds would go to the person making the decals, and to the forums.. so I dunno how much it would actually need to cost for there to be money left do donate to the forum operations though :P
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

id go for a $30 t-shirt

id dona...well i chip in some more

oh, can we get one of those nifty titlebars tha show how much each person donates?

Elitism Rocks! [/sarcasm]

for real though, I appreciate everyone's work and help on this board. I think this is the best mazda community!

Administrator
    ^^ I can look into it (after finals)
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm down for shirts..

but I want it to say...

"The Mazda Forum... If your stupid, we tell you..."

ROFL

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN MP5T View Post
    I'm down for shirts..