Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rust bubbling under back door around wheel wells

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    protege rust, oh the memories. Find a good body shop (I only know of crap ones that have fixed my rust in CT, whatever you do don't go to Modern Motors Mazda in Thomaston they send it to a way crap shop) and see what they say. If it's a good shop, they'll tell you the only actual fix is to cut out the steel and weld new steel in (Mazda sells the fender lip steel).

    Once you fix the rust, make sure you get a yearly rustproofing (the oily kind). This is critical for any New England, Great Lakes Region, or Canadian Protege.
    For the rust proofing (oily kind) what brand. I was doing a search and Im not sure what would be oily and not. came across Eastwood Co, Fluid Film, and Noxudol but Im really not sure who would be right to go with for what I need

  2. #12
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2106
    Location
    Seattle, Cascadia
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeygirl101 View Post
    For the rust proofing (oily kind) what brand. I was doing a search and Im not sure what would be oily and not. came across Eastwood Co, Fluid Film, and Noxudol but Im really not sure who would be right to go with for what I need
    No, it's something you go to a shop and have them do. I don't know where one is in CT but they should exist. They spray the whole underbody, inside door panels, etc.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    No, it's something you go to a shop and have them do. I don't know where one is in CT but they should exist. They spray the whole underbody, inside door panels, etc.
    Ah...do you have a ballpark price for that?

  4. #14
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2106
    Location
    Seattle, Cascadia
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeygirl101 View Post
    Ah...do you have a ballpark price for that?
    I got it done in Canada for $100 a year
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kansei View Post
    I got it done in Canada for $100 a year
    wow thats a good price. I wont freak too much over that. Some places say the do the whole undercarriage and its good for 10 years. thats not what your talking about right?

  6. #16
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2106
    Location
    Seattle, Cascadia
    nah it's a yearly thing, you do it each winter. I had the 10 year one on my 94 Mazda pickup truck, it was done by the dealership when it was new. 8 years later, it had mostly flaked off. No body rust, but lots of frame rust.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

  7. #17
    sweet, thanks a bunch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •