Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TMF Recruiting

TMF Recruiting

Who is interested in furthering our mission here?

We need dedicated Mazda owners to spread the word of THE MAZDA FORUM! If you aren't aware, "TMF" is a Non-profit, enthusiast-owned, enthusiast-run, Mazda Community.

We're looking to expand our community. Does anyone have any "brilliant" ideas on a good way to do this?

I'm thinking of offering rewards for people that make the most referrals, but realize with every idea there may be a negative side. I've already campaigned by signing guestbooks on CarDomain, but there is more work to do!

If you love your Mazda, PLEASE let us know if you'd be interested in spreading the word of our open community.

We want people who will contribute and that will be a positive asset to the community.

Yes sir! I brought one today alone. I'll keep up with recruiting.

I noticed!

Kestrel?

Yup. Island6 joined up the other day but she forgot to put me as a reference.

Administrator
    lol @ the rewards...

I say lol because the top few referrers of this site are admins

I will add a thing on the usercp page giving people a link they can use to make sure they get referrals listed for people they refer:

For example, this link lets people register and fills me in as the referrer:
    http://www.themazdaforum.com/register.php?referrerid=7

change the number at the end to match your user id (not always the same as your member number) and yeah that's all you gotta do.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SATimko View Post
    Nice! I like that.
    yeah for you the number is 11
    member - number of referrals
    kansei 18
    pdhaudio83 11
    Blake 8
    liquid_ag 8
    Riken 7
    SATimko 4
    BRIAN MP5T 4
    aMaff 2
    Focus 2
    jem0473 2
    theurgy 2
    Red5_02 1
    CrashKelly 1
    DE31 1
    Raider 1
    OhioAxelaClub 1
    505zoom 1
    Rosshole 1
    D-rock240 1
    Jackelope 1
    JoshP5 1
    njaremka 1
    tekkie 1

I think the thing with this is that a lot of folks don't care who referred them, or don't remember who did the referring. I know I've brought a few over, and of course have nothing to show for it...

Kansei's link is a great solution to this, maybe we could get some kind of TMF sig bar or other graphic to put into the signatures.

I'm definitely not using it as a popularity contest or anything, but it is nice to see how much one's helped the community. Know what I mean?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonIAm View Post
    I think the thing with this is that a lot of folks don't care who referred them, or don't remember who did the referring. I know I've brought a few over, and of course have nothing to show for it...

Kansei's link is a great solution to this, maybe we could get some kind of TMF sig bar or other graphic to put into the signatures.
    Problem is most other forums.. are in direct competition with us, so they wouldn't let you have a link to here in your sig. The exception of course being regional forums.

A lot of people don't care who referred them, and also a lot of people don't know who referred them. My initial recruiting drive was done from a fake username without mentioning who I was at all :P because I couldn't.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast