Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye 6, hello CX-7...

Bye Bye 6, hello CX-7...

Well, it turns out that there are some serious electrical problems with Michelle's 6 that are covered under the extended warranty that she bought.

The problem with this is that the warranty company denied her application citing that the dealership used the "wrong form" to apply, (which is horseshit). Even though the application was denied, two and a half years ago, they never let us know... so now the dealership owes us big...

details to follow.
    "They're illusions Michael. Tricks are something a whore does for money."

Wow! Interested as well as we have been looking at 6i's.

Subbing to see how this turns out!

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

Michelle's Uncle is a car sales manager at one of our local Mazda dealerships... he sold her the car, and the warranty. The accounting department at the dealership dropped the ball when they found out that their was a mistake with the application (still up in the air if there even was a mistake) and the never notified us or refunded us...

As all of these electrical problems presented themselves, our mechanic, Randy (who did lots of work for Ken at PG) informed me that besides an alternator, it would probably need a wiring harness and parts thrown at it to remedy the situation. He also said that this is not common at all for 6's.

The dealership who sold us the warranty is having a hard time getting the warranty issued after the fact because the car is out of factory warranty and having problems... All that they could do for now is refund us the money for the warranty ~$1000, to pay for the repairs... $580 so far (plus Michelle hit a curb in the service dealerships parking lot with the rental and gashed the sidewall of the tire... ooops)

Now, Michelle's uncle is going to go to the auctions and pick us up a 07 or 08 CX-7 AWD Grand Touring for around 17k, and taking her car in on trade for what it would be worth with no problems, and with a transferrable extended warranty.

that is all for now.

I think it'll be a good trade.
    Keep us updated!

this is going to turn into a smokin deal and Michelle has been wanting a CX-7 for a while now...

And we get to stay in the Mazda family!!!!!

I know nothing about the CX7's. Are they all turbos?

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

I don't like the RX-8 like wheel flares on them. But hey, if the wife likes them, then get one and kick a goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosshole View Post
    Michelle's Uncle is a car sales manager at one of our local Mazda dealerships... he sold her the car, and the warranty. The accounting department at the dealership dropped the ball when they found out that their was a mistake with the application (still up in the air if there even was a mistake) and the never notified us or refunded us...

As all of these electrical problems presented themselves, our mechanic, Randy (who did lots of work for Ken at PG) informed me that besides an alternator, it would probably need a wiring harness and parts thrown at it to remedy the situation. He also said that this is not common at all for 6's.

The dealership who sold us the warranty is having a hard time getting the warranty issued after the fact because the car is out of factory warranty and having problems... All that they could do for now is refund us the money for the warranty ~$1000, to pay for the repairs... $580 so far (plus Michelle hit a curb in the service dealerships parking lot with the rental and gashed the sidewall of the tire... ooops)

Now, Michelle's uncle is going to go to the auctions and pick us up a 07 or 08 CX-7 AWD Grand Touring for around 17k, and taking her car in on trade for what it would be worth with no problems, and with a transferrable extended warranty.

that is all for now.
    Good to know concerning the bold type. I figured it wasn't the model of car itself...just the one we test drove. lol I don't know how long it had been sitting prior to our test drive and it did not deter me from still looking at the 6 as a replacement for the MPV.

Quote Originally Posted by pro5x2 View Post
    I know nothing about the CX7's. Are they all turbos?
    Yup.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast