Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye 6, hello CX-7...

we burned through our factory ones in 17K miles. Yoko SpecX's since, and are like new. It is well known that the cx-7 factory tires suck like the P5 Dunflops...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay View Post
    only advice i can say to you is to rotate the shit out of the tires...cx-7's love to eat them some tires. the stockers were the worst but with the AWD rotating is your best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    we burned through our factory ones in 17K miles. Yoko SpecX's since, and are like new. It is well known that the cx-7 factory tires suck like the P5 Dunflops...
    Thanks for the tire info... what is a good replacement then?
    "They're illusions Michael. Tricks are something a whore does for money."

I will be selling my 3.5" ETS soon, if you are interested. It's black p-coated and is indeed in good shape. I'm assuming it'll fir just fine since the engines are exactly the same.

The CX-7 ETS TMIC is 3", and does not use the shroud. However, i know of at least 2 guys running the 3.5" TMIC in their CX-7, with zero problems. The only x factor is how much space is there for air top flow over the TMIC under the plastic cover .

yeah, we'll see on that... keep in mind, I won't be driving this vehicle very often.

Yeah, I am in the same boat as you. The CX-7 is what made me trade the P5 for the Speed3.

If she ever says anything about it not accelerating fast enough, this is the quick bolt on that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Yeah, I am in the same boat as you. The CX-7 is what made me trade the P5 for the Speed3.

If she ever says anything about it not accelerating fast enough, this is the quick bolt on that will help.
    yeah, but MPG's are also important. (and money for that matter)

TMIC will improve your mpg if anything. Colder air, better combustion, more power with less gas.

Very true. But even with a CAI and TMIC, the CX-7 AWD system is a pig. However, we get 23 mpg average now on our FWD. Highest was 100% highway and got 25.5.

Just be glad 91+ octane is not $5 a gallon anymore.

The 08's and newer can run 87, but from what I hear, the mpg is lower with the lower octane, plus it performs poorly. That comes from the owners of them, and that things changed when 91-93 octane was run...

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    TMIC will improve your mpg if anything. Colder air, better combustion, more power with less gas.
    Ok, but how much does the IC cost?

EDIT: cost ~$500, this would take 2.5 years @15000 miles per year to recoup the cost... we have more important things to spend the money on than that.
    Last edited by Rosshole; 12-12-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast