Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tires for my 6.

New Tires for my 6.

Falken Ziex ZE-912's

215/50R/17 91V

getting them mounted soon (before snow flies)

I will post a review after I get some miles on them.

I bought them off of discount tire direct for $86 a piece (free shipping)
    "They're illusions Michael. Tricks are something a whore does for money."

nvm my previous post. I thought you were getting goodyear tires! hahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    nvm my previous post. I thought you were getting goodyear tires! hahahaa
    nope, getting them mounted at goodyear.

Let me know how the 912s are in the snow. My dad wants to get them for my mom's Benz.

Quote Originally Posted by SATimko View Post
    Let me know how the 912s are in the snow. My dad wants to get them for my mom's Benz.
    I sure hope that they are good in the snow... review coming.

They're good dry weather tyres. :P Not grippy tho. lol

Good luck on snow!
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

So far so good on these tires... we had some rain with a little bit of ice in it and they performed well. Low road noise and more comfort than the stock michelins. No MPG estimate yet, I will have to wait until I use a whole tank of fuel up...

So far, I am satisfied... more to come.

I had the old 512s. I was severely disappointed with them. The 912s are suppose to be better in every way, but that's not hard with a tire that sucked so badly. My main concern with the 512s was their poor wear. Like down to the wear bars in about 8,000 miles- and a BUNCH of that was interstate miles. All around grip was good at first, but soon went to shit when they wore down so fast.

Hope you have better luck with the 912s than I did with the 512s.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaTom View Post
    I had the old 512s. I was severely disappointed with them. The 912s are suppose to be better in every way, but that's not hard with a tire that sucked so badly. My main concern with the 512s was their poor wear. Like down to the wear bars in about 8,000 miles- and a BUNCH of that was interstate miles. All around grip was good at first, but soon went to shit when they wore down so fast.

At least they were cheap, stock on my Potenzas I got 12k miles, and from what the other cleveland guys were getting thats high mileage... and at $200 a pop.. eff that.

I have 15000 on my Nittos and they don't look too bad, I'd probably say another 5-7k on them. or one track day

I think the next set of tires will bet Parada Spec2's, iirc are $130 a tire (keep in mine im talking 18") but if they keep going like every 20k miles ill be looking from something not so grippy.

I have Pirelli Sottozerros on my stock wheels, and let me tell you when we got all that snow last year a dedicated winter set is so nice to have, and honestly they aren't bad in the dry either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Winter Mode: Stock Wheels, Stock Airbox, Pirelli Sottozerros.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaTom View Post

whoa I thought the 512s (and the 912s) had a really high treadwear rating! I wish the whole treadwear rating system was more standardized.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast