Thread: I can't get the D#$% Axle out!

I can't get the D#$% Axle out!

I have pulled a few axle's....But for the life of me...the ones in the P5 are just seized.

I had to take the Passenger one out as one unit with the Countershaft...as they would not , in any way even think about seperating.

Now.....we can't get the Drivers to release at the Spindle..or the Tranny.
    I have used a pry bar to try to pop them, a dead blow on the Spindle side...soaked it in rust buster, Heated the spindle with a torch....Nothing will make this thing free up...I mean nothing.

I am getting the Ox/Acetylene out tonight and I am going to heat the spindle with this Vs the Mapp gas I was using last night.

I hope this does it..OTher wise I am at a loss.

I am trying not to trash anything here....But At this rate..I might just cut the Axle and deal with it from there replacing whatever is needed.This would only allow me to get the motor out...I would still have to get the parts apart somehow after that.

Any input here guys.

Oxy used properly will get the parts out... and some patience

you need new axle seals anyway. put a big pry bar between the case and the axle. one strong move it should pop out.

Administrator
    mine just fell out (granted I was only at 76500 miles at the time) o_O

and I know I'm not the only one they fell out for :P

shitty luck dude
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

Quote Originally Posted by pdhaudio83 View Post
    you need new axle seals anyway. put a big pry bar between the case and the axle. one strong move it should pop out.
    I know I do..But I had the pry bar be5tween the case giving it hell...and I am just afraid I am going tobreak the damn tranny case I am pushing soo hard..I mean its really in there.
    The spindle fell off on the other side and I still couldnt get it to free from the countershaft...so I pulled them both together...But the Drivers..Man It is giving me hell.
    I just hate to trash a bearing by heating if It really doesnt need replaced ..Ya know.
    But Yeah....I stole a B-Tank from another guy I work with...If that doesn't get it..I will get the oxy out of my work truck and heat the piss out of the spindle and Bearing...That B is comin' out tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed View Post
    I know I do..But I had the pry bar be5tween the case giving it hell...and I am just afraid I am going tobreak the damn tranny case I am pushing soo hard..I mean its really in there.
    The spindle fell off on the other side and I still couldnt get it to free from the countershaft...so I pulled them both together...But the Drivers..Man It is giving me hell.
    I just hate to trash a bearing by heating if It really doesnt need replaced ..Ya know.
    But Yeah....I stole a B-Tank from another guy I work with...If that doesn't get it..I will get the oxy out of my work truck and heat the piss out of the spindle and Bearing...That B is comin' out tonight!

Do you have one person pulling the axle why you put your weight into prying it off?

If you saw my method of setting the axle free from the spindle... its a lot easier pulling the axle.

If its only you, see if someone can pull while you pry. If you break the case... well... the bellhousing, just get a new one