Thread: How To: BEGi RRPFR install

How To: BEGi RRPFR install

This unit is very simple to install, but if you don't know where to start it can be kind of nerve wrecking to figure out. Messing with fuel is dangerous, so before you start anything I do not take any responsibility for any damage to your vehicle or harm done to yourself!!

Ok, here we go.

Shopping list:
    BEGi 2025 RRFPR unit
    *Fuel pressure gauge (optional but HIGHLY recommended!!)
    Thread sealant
    Vacuum hose
    Sheet metal screws for mounting (or whatever you want to use..)
    Fuel line (fuel injection line ONLY!! other stuff can't withstand high PSI)
    Hose clamps

1. First thing you want to do is thread on the fuel line fittings. One of them has "IN" etched by the hole and that is the only reference to fuel flow. Also, make sure to use some form of thread sealant. Teflon tape is ok, but probably not a good idea cuz it could possibly clog the lines.

2. Next up, you will need to mount the FPR unit and you may do so any way you'd like. I mounted mine sideways right next to the brake fluid reservoir and used a couple sheet metal screws to hold it in place. No drilling, no threading.. just screw that baby in!

*3. This step is optional, but highly recommended!! Using a fuel pressure gauge is of utmost importance here, because you want to know that the unit is doing what it's supposed to be. Without a gauge, it's going to be impossible for you to properly tune your vehicle. If you have one, place it on the line that goes to the IN fitting on the BEGi.

**EDIT** If you are going to purchase a gauge that you can read inside the cabin, then it would be best to place the gauge on the fuel line that's coming from the tank to the fuel rail instead! That way you will be able to read the fuel pressure coming from the fuel pump. When placed in the spot pictured below (between stock FPR and BEGi) you are only reading what the BEGi is doing, and that's not the point if you want to measure the pressure while driving.

4. Locate your stock pressure regulator and disconnect the plastic/rubber line that is attached to it. It's held on by a couple plastic clips. Follow the line and disconnect the other end of it as well which is right below the trottle body, next to the battery tray. The stock FPR is right behind the valve cover as pictured below.

5. Run the fuel line from the stock FPR to the fuel pressure gauge (which you SHOULD DEFINITELY HAVE!!) and also hook up the line from the unlabeled fitting to the OEM fitting that goes back to the fuel tank (the one below the TB & next to the battery tray).

6. Hook up the check valve barb to the vacuum line, and attach the vacuum line to the check valve fitting. The barb should be left out in the open not connected to anything so it can vent to atmosphere.

7. Run a vacuum hose from the intake manifold to the signal line on the FPR. The line MUST come from the intake manifold or throttle plate in order for unit to function properly!

And that's it! Pretty easy right? All that is left now is to adjust the fuel pressure using the onset screw located on the top of FPR unit. See attached document from BEGi for more information on tuning.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KrayzieFox; 09-12-2009 at 11:25 AM.

What does that do exactly? Fuel pressure regulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    What does that do exactly? Fuel pressure regulator?
    it basically adds the addiditonal fuel you need when you enter boost. the ecu is not set up to do this.

nice right up krayzie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DArn... wish this was up about 3 months ago when i sold mine cuz i didn't know how to hook it up...
    Nice write up!!!