Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lit up

lit up

well, about two days ago I was on the freeway, doing my thing, and then decided to step on it when I reached a nice long stretch with no po-pos.
    5th gear to 5500, 6th gear around 4k and the whole dash lights up like it's fuckin christmas - DSC, 4wd, and ABS are all on at the same time - the car loses power and swerved like it's trying to stabilize itself after I did something stupid... even though I was going perfectly straight.
    So I'm like WTF YOO... keep driving for a bit, then pull over and shut off the engine... sit there for a few mins, turn it back on - everything is fine...
    Haven't had a chance to go WOT since, but now I'm kind of scared to do it anyway... doing over 100 while your car is all over the place is no fun.

Any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this?

Thats some crazy shit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomit View Post
    ^^LMFAO!!!! Ben says to his lil spermies - "Autobots, unite!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff.Raff View Post
    ^ will be known as... Teh Truth

oh yea... it was freaky for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    oh yea... it was freaky for sure.
    Everything still running smooth? maybe the car just a had a moment..Just keep an eye on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm babying her for now, but I just want to know what could possibly caused it?!!

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    I'm babying her for now, but I just want to know what could possibly caused it?!!
    Def. something electrical Im guessing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That sucks!

But boy-oh-boy do I love not having traction control, electronic throttle, ABS and all those other electronic nannies on my car.

This is a long shot, but you could have gone through an area of HIRF (high intensity radiated field). Basically all those electronic gismos in your car may have been bombarded with HIRF and caused them to go whacko.

Also, my friend used to have a Speed6. He could set off his own laser detector (Passport 8500- not the X50) if he went 90% throttle or more. Maybe this is related. I know I've been in the car doing 120+ though and we didn't have a problem.

"Sweet Jesus Thats Loud!" BRIAN MP5T's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Get an Old Priest and a Young Priest and perform an exorcism ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN MP5T View Post
    Get an Old Priest and a Young Priest and perform an exorcism ASAP!
    I only wish that would help!!!

and I did about 150 in my car before and it was perfectly stable ... that was before a couple of upgrades and a leaky axle though ... dunno.

Let me dig through some electrical issues in my program, BRB
    Wow, stuff's getting weird out there in the world, huh? :poke: Ready for an awakening? www.divinecosmos.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast