Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so, i have been thinking.

so, i have been thinking.

lately i have been thinking a few things over and i have decided something pretty serious (to me anyways). we found out a few weeks ago that we are now expecting another kid and this got a spark of debate going in my head. this will be number three (12 yo step-daughter, 3 yo son, and the new one) and our family car (02 pro5) is a little older and higher mileage now, also a bit small. i am not by any means strapped for cash these days, i just have priorities that over-step other priorities, as it happens when you have a family and a single income house-hold with a demanding job and more demanding family. in light of all of these factors, i have decided (if you haven't figured this out yet) to sell my turbo II this time next year.

i know, i know. you don't have to tell me what you are thinking. half of you are asking why and the other half are asking how much. the shortest possible answer that i could give you would be that we are planning on getting a pretty expensive family car next year and we will need as much money up front as possible for the down payment. i could save for this year (which i will do anyways) and just put that down, but that would leave me with a car that i wouldn't have as much time or money for anymore. the next car will be fast and i will not say what it is yet, since i am not 100% for sure myself (though i have narrowed it down a lot), but it will eat up quite a bit of our free money on car notes and mods. the rx7 would be taking a back seat and put off to the side for a long time and i don't want to do that to a car that is only beginning to get popular. my wife has been incredibly non-supportive of me selling the car, which i appreciate since the last woman that i was with would have put a for sale sign on the car herself before i said two words about it. it will be missed by all of us, but it isn't my time to have such a high-maintenance project. i will be back for another later on.
    My name is Wes, i am a boost addict.

Go with the Mazda 5 and keep the TurboII

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

well, i have considered that. i want something with a little more luxury though. i am not out to impress, but i want a car that i truly have no complaints about. there are a few cars that i have just drooled over from the day that they came out and i have narrowed my choices down to those.

And they are big enough for a family of 5? Are they in the Mazda family?

Protege to MX-5 lineage
    Kevin did it before Phil, who was before Andrew, before Bruce, Chris, Tony, Phen, Tylor, Mahk, Roy, John, Jerry, Rob, Shadow, Josh, Scratch, Dub, Andrew, Vocko, Matt V, Protojason, Chief, who's Miata we will see one picture of ever, Barry, and GMalatrasi.

actually, none of them are in the mazda family. i actually surprised myself with that one, but i am not really impressed with mazda's current line.

Caddillac CTS-V. a car that i have always loved and is now supercharged.
    Subaru WRX STI. finally comes in a wagon and is incredible looking this year.
    also an Audi, Saab, BMW, and Dodge. the first two are more than likely what the final choice will come down to, but i am still keeping an open mind for the 2009 line-up of the other brands.

Administrator
    Hopefully the new CTS-V is way more reliable than the previous gen lemon car.
    Build Thread - 2016 Fiesta ST, never driven but frequently modded

the reliability is one of the issues that i have considered, but the 09 is supposed to be a total revision. i am still waiting until the middle of the year so that most of the votes will be in before i buy, but i like it already. i am leaning towards the STI and keeping Audi in mind for the reliability issues.

Man, that sucks. I know that you'll sell the 7 really quick though. GL with whatever you decide to do.
    Given that they were able to coast after that happened, it leads me to believe that Mitsubishi trannies suck so much they don't even make good anchors. :D

thanks, i am hoping to get some emotional support on selling it since i love it but know that selling it is the right thing to do. like i said, my wife will probably cry when i sell it, so no support here. i am just going to enjoy my next year with it and do a few more minor mods before i sell it.

My wife was mad at me when I sold my CBR and Jeep. We both still miss them both.

Protege to MX-5 lineage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast